Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone own a 1947 Champion with Serial G293462? Or G294362?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone own a 1947 Champion with Serial G293462? Or G294362?

Hi folks,

Not sure if this is right thread area to ask, but here goes.

I recently purchased an original 1947 Champion Owner's Manual and "Dealer Service Policy" tri-fold.
    As a graphic designer, my intention was to scan and reproduce these for use with my recent 1947 Champion Convertible purchase.
    (Originals can be rare. I'm fine with having a decent reproduction knock around in my glove box!)

This Owner's Manual and Dealer Policy Guide both come from the same car.
    If the original car is still around, I'd love to offer these to the current owner.

Here's the details:

1947 Studebaker Champion
    Serial: G293462 (hand written correction in Owner's Manual from G294362 / Written as G294362 on Dealer Service Policy)
    Engine Number: 318887
    Body Number: 6G-C3 5753

From the Dealer Service Policy I have the following data:
    Owner's Name: J. F. "Froning" (hand written, not sure if I have that right)
    Address: 416 Geddes St.
    Wilmington, Delaware

Delivery Date: July 8, 1947
    Purchased from: F. W. Diver, Inc. (See Bob Johnstone's Dealer Info Link here)

Bob's Studebaker Dealer Page (on the Potomac Chapter website) also has a photo of these two documents:

Click image for larger version

Name:	fwdiverILMDE1947a.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	110.0 KB
ID:	1748428

If anyone out there has this car, let me know and I'll arrange to send you these. I would love to help reunite these documents with the original car!

(An aside to Bob Johnstone: I suspect I bought these from you not too long ago! Thank you for offering them for sale. They are exactly what I needed!)

Many thanks,

Michael Hennessey
    mbhdesign -

Michael Hennessey
    Proud Owner
    1947 Studebaker Champion Regal Deluxe Convertible
Working...
X