Tire Wrench Placement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire Wrench Placement

I know this is a somewhat "lame" question but where was the proper tire wrench placement on a 62 GT? It has been sitting in the trunk under the spare making a lot of noise and wearing through the paint! The jack is in it's proper place in the mount on the right side of the trunk. Thanks in advance for any advice. Kato

Wasn't. There a spring attachment to hold the wrench secure?
    Seem to remember a spring being in my 62 GT that I owned years ago.
    That was many years ago and my brain sometimes plays memory tricks on me now.
    sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
    Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
    "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

Originally posted by 57pack View Post
      Wasn't. There a spring attachment to hold the wrench secure?
      Seem to remember a spring being in my 62 GT that I owned years ago.
      That was many years ago and my brain sometimes plays memory tricks on me now.
      It looks like there may have been a spot for a spring attachment on the other side of the trunk in the same location as the jack on the right side. Maybe that is where the wrench went originally? It was just sitting under the spare on this car making a lot of noise and wrecking the paint! And believe me, you don't have to explain the memory playing tricks, I know full well what you mean! Thanks for the response.

Comment

Earlier C & K's had a small steel Bracket that went under the Wing nut to fasten the Jack to the inner fender Stud and the "V" shape in it could also hold the Jack Handle/Lug Wrench I believe.

But on a '62, it probably did just go PARTLY under the Tire on part of the trunk Mat and when the Tire is wrenched down, it would not rattle, hurt the paint or move.

The clip on the Floor is for the Spring that hooks onto the moveable part of the Jack (you lock it on "UP") to secure it.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
          Earlier C & K's had a small steel Bracket that went under the Wing nut to fasten the Jack to the inner fender Stud and the "V" shape in it could also hold the Jack Handle/Lug Wrench I believe.

But on a '62, it probably did just go PARTLY under the Tire on part of the trunk Mat and when the Tire is wrenched down, it would not rattle, hurt the paint or move.

The clip on the Floor is for the Spring that hooks onto the moveable part of the Jack (you lock it on "UP") to secure it.
          OK perfect, thanks. The clip on the floor is missing so no spring for the jack either. I'll have to look into that. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
          X