Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nos climatizer/ heatercore kit! New in box

What is s Packard hawk hood worth?
    Also nos heater core/ climatizer kits in box!
    hunter stanley

Depends on WHAT Models/Years the Heater fits. Is it FOR a Packard Hawk?
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

It's for a 63-64 hawk
      ive got a Packard hawk hood though!
      Justin sure of its value
      hunter stanley

Comment

A Packard Hawk hood may be a tough sell. In reality, someone would only really need it if their PH (heaven forbid) was in a front end collision....and even then the fiberglass nose piece would be the part most often needed.....not the hood.

Comment

There is nearly no market for 1958 Packard fiberglass parts. No one seems to want to buy spares. People only go looking for these items if they have collision damage.
          Since you want a price for the Packard Hawk hood, I would say price it at $100 and be glad to get $50. This is assuming that it is NOS (there have been a lot available in past years) or like new.
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

To test the market, put it on eBay with a $50 opening bid and a reserve price you can live with and see if you get any bids.
            Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
            50 Champion 2 door*
            53 Commander K Auto*
            53 Commander K overdrive*
            55 President Speedster
            62 GT 4Speed*
            63 Avanti R1*
            64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

There was a NOS Packard Hawk hood floating around earlier this year. Still in the factory wrap. I wonder if it had found a home.
              sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
              Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
              "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

That's shocking but makes complete sense.
                I've got an nos heater core and climatizer set up. Just wondering the market and availability for these
                hunter stanley

Comment

I had a (rough) Packard Hawk hood that I took to the York swap meet a few years ago. Couldn't give it away.. I ended up donating it to WyoTech in Blairsville, Pennsylvania. The students there restored it as a class project.

The really valuable piece is the hood "scoop". I think Jim McCuan still has mine.

Comment

Originally posted by hunter stanley View Post
                    That's shocking but makes complete sense.
                    I've got an nos heater core and climatizer set up. Just wondering the market and availability for these
                    The availability of complete kits is probably very small, but the market for them is also small. Some of the component parts are still available from SI, so the principal market for a complete kit would be for the owners of the very few cars that have no heater at all. And some of those doing a complete restoration of a car would probably be interested in replacing the heater box with one that still had the foam rubber gaskets on the plenum doors -- but I don't have any feeling for how many such people are out there.
                    Skip Lackie

Comment

Agreeing with Skip, I've got two 64 GT's and I also have a complete NOS heater kit. The second heater is all there, but not a kit. My kit is in the original Stude box also. Valuing the kit would be difficult because of the limited market. Start high, you can always come down. Good luck, Bill.

Comment

Working...
                      X