'57 Golden Hawk Semi-Resurrected Looking for Gas Tank or Restore Original

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '57 Golden Hawk Semi-Resurrected Looking for Gas Tank or Restore Original

I got my Golden Hawk's engine to spin by hand, then blipped it with the starter! Trans fluid and acetone. It sat for 35 years, and, the engine was frozen. I would have to call that "Semi-resurrected", to coin a new term. I'm working on a start and run of the engine, I'll provide gas out of a gallon container for now, becuase the tank is out of the car, in my garage. It needs to be restored. I take it they are not available new? That is my question, I shoulda just entitled the thread that, but, I wanted to use the term "Semi-resurrected". Does anyone have a usable tank they want to sell? How much does it cost to restore mine? I'm not doing it, after reading, "These chemicals are extremely toxic...", forget that. Thanks to anyone who responds in advance. I love this Hawk, even if it never runs, I think it is one of the nicest cars I ever owned, I could look at it forever.

I have had Gas Tank Renu do 3 of my cars and they all came out very nice. With your location:

Ravenna
    Gas Tank Renu-USA
    Linings, Inc
    5839 State Route #5
    Ravenna, Ohio 44266
    (330) 296-7703
    Dave Pahls
    Tim Patrick

Erie
    Gas Tank Renu - USA,
    Bronson's Radiator
    1119 W. 26th Street
    Erie, PA. 16508
    (814) 454-6675
    Gary Confer

www.gas-tank.com
    Dan White
    64 R1 GT
    64 R2 GT
    58 C Cab
    57 Broadmoor (Marvin)

Comment

There is a listing for a 57 Golden Hawk parts car in the local Auto Trader. Described as complete but rusty and has been sitting outside for many years. It is in Hugesville, PA It's a 610 area code and I can forward the phone number if you are interested. Price listed is $3500

Ken

Comment

Originally posted by jd-stude View Post
        There is a listing for a 57 Golden Hawk parts car in the local Auto Trader. Described as complete but rusty and has been sitting outside for many years. It is in Hugesville, PA It's a 610 area code and I can forward the phone number if you are interested. Price listed is $3500

Ken
        WOW!...$3500.00 for a parts car.......and to think years ago I purchased a '57 GH for parts for $15....and drove it home!!

Comment

Gas Tank Renu did my 55 tank and never a problem.
          Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Thank you for the Gas Tank Renu, I can ship my tank to them, if I decide to go that route. Ken, thanks for the Auto Locator ad, I am about 30 miles away from Hughesville, I might check that Hawk out.

Comment

Working...
            X