Progress Report Saturday Night Special

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Progress Report Saturday Night Special

My son Scott, and my grandson T.O. helped me again this Saturday on The Saturday Night Special. We got the exhaust system back together and finished up the rear brakes on the right side. Then finished the sway bar. As I mentioned earlier, had to lengthen the links:

While Scott was underside, T.O. and I replaced the overdrive kickdown switch, put a isolater and a heat shield on and then the new carburetor. Got the linkage worked out and got ready for fuel lines and plug wires as well as coil. We have to install a fuel regulator and a return line also.

Had a great day with my Son and Grandson !!! Priceless

Lookin' good Tex! That Carb looks like an old Mopar "ThermaQuad"
    Neil Thornton

Comment

Good goin' Tex! I'm anxious to see the SNS back on the road!

Comment

Very nice, Tex. Is that the overdrive kickdown switch sticking out of the firewall? BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Really nice attention to detail Tex!!
          Paul
          Winston-Salem, NC
          Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
          Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
            Very nice, Tex. Is that the overdrive kickdown switch sticking out of the firewall? BP
            Thanks Bob Yes, That is the switch. The old one was sticking, from time to time. I used the Avanti linkage and shortened it on the bottom and where acc. connects, and modified it to use the 53 kick down.

Comment

Originally posted by rockinhawk View Post
              Lookin' good Tex! That Carb looks like an old Mopar "ThermaQuad"
              Yep Neil, The street Demon carb. is kind of a combination of four carbs, the Thermo Quad, the AFB, and the quadra jet, with a little Holley thrown, since the secondaries are one, kina like the old three barrel. How's your convert, coming? You and Josh busy?

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
              Good goin' Tex! I'm anxious to see the SNS back on the road!
              I am very anxious myself Matt., LOL

Comment

Originally posted by r1lark View Post
                Really nice attention to detail Tex!!
                Thanks, Paul. I just have a certain level for a driver. Most of my detailing is hidden. Not too much on cosmetics on a driver. The last show car I built, I was scared to drive it. AND, I drivem all. LOL

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0137.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	177.0 KB
ID:	1699962Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0137.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	177.0 KB
ID:	1699962
                  Originally posted by Flashback View Post
                  How's your convert, coming? You and Josh busy?

- - - Updated - - -
                  Tex, we have so many projects here that it ain't funny! Right now, we have backed off working on the cars and are putting our efforts toward fixing an old house on our farm since 1923. My daughter wants to live there.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by rockinhawk; 08-23-2015, 06:09 AM. Reason: sorry, didn't mean to double post the pic.
                  Neil Thornton

Comment

Neil, It looks like I am gonna have to get healthy enough that they are gonna let me take a trip, AND get The Saturday Night Special together and take a road trip to see your spread. Very interesting.

Comment

That sounds great Tex. Just Give me shout when you get ready to head this way.
                      Neil Thornton

Comment

Working...
                      X