Favorite color GT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite color GT

I have a 63 GT R2 fixing to paint. Originally gold. What color would you prefer. This is a scientific poll. Only interested in original colors. Has black interior.

Black----------------------

Comment

The sinister looking, colorless, dark as a cave, dirt showing, Black Interior, wipes out any of my "Scientifically correct" good looking Favorites for the Exterior Color thats for sure.

If you think I hate BLACK Interiors, you may be correct!
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Another vote for black. Looks formal weith that beautiful formal roof, but with the right wheels can also look like a hot rod. At least as much as a GT can.
        Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
        Romans 15:13
        Deuteronomy 31:6
        Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

go with the color you like best!

since you want to keep her an original color for '63, get a color chip chart for that year and make.

here's some pics - i'm sure some aren't "original". my choice(s)? Blue, Black then Gold...

Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

In my opinion, there are only 3 colors for a GT. In order of preference: #1, RED. #2, Ermine White. #3, Midnight Black.
            Neil Thornton

Comment

Before I noticed the interior color, I agree with Bob Bourke that black is the best color on a C/K body. With the black interior, black may be too much. I think that I would go with white. Also, every time that I buy a new black car, I say; never again.
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

As a long time classic mustang fanatic and recent Studebaker owner I prefer the modified classic color with a twist. That being said I LOVE the black and gold combination on the 66 Mustang GT 350 Hertz racers... Which I think could translate to your car nicely!

Comment

A '63 GT Hawk was and still is an elegant car...never meant to be a 'hot rod'. "Champagne Gold Poly" (code P-6315) is the color that best exemplifies the classic lines of the 1963 Studebaker Gran Turismo Hawk!

Comment

One of the first GT Hawks I saw was black and I have loved that color on them since. In fact, I think all C and K body cars look good in black. I realize that dark colors require more washing and dusting, but if I was doing one it would be black.
                    "In the heart of Arkansas."
                    Searcy, Arkansas
                    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                    1952 2R pickup

Comment

My favorite is black with red interior and white headliner. That was the color combo on my 62 four speed GT. What really makes these car so stunning, is that every piece of stainless bright-work is perfectly placed to emphasize the elegance of the car's lines.
                      John Clary
                      Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

On a GT Hawk, I love black. But after seeing Dick's GT in gold, I say leave it in it's original color.
                        Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
                        1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Originally posted by Swifster View Post
                          On a GT Hawk, I love black. But after seeing Dick's GT in gold, I say leave it in it's original color.
                          I agree..

Comment

White, Red, Black, Rose Mist...
                            KURTRUK
                            (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Can't remember if the dark green available in 64 was available in 63 but I liked that color. It was normally with a black interior.
                              David L

Comment

Working...
                              X