1954 Starliner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1954 Starliner

Not mine, but saw it and thought someone might be interested...
    -------------------
    Daddy always said, if yer gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough & I\'m one tough sumbiatch!

Yep the last time we talked about this one a few weeks ago, we immediately noticed that this may not be a perfect like new survivor or a perfect restored example, but one of THE Most original EVER found!
    A true Time Capsule, with actual Original Paint (faded) and Interior.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Hey, Rich (and everyone else). Look where that paintline break goes in the next to last picture.
      KURTRUK
      (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

This car looks to be an aged twin of the one with 7300 miles on it bought by Wayne Carini on a recent Chasing Classic Cars episode. That car looked to be 100% original. Yes, 100%.
        Tim-'53 Starlight Commander Custom in Yuma, AZ
        jimsrodshop.com/project/53-resurrection

Comment

Being a newb I have no clue as to values. It's really cool but is it worth that kind of money?

Comment

Originally posted by kurtruk View Post
            Hey, Rich (and everyone else). Look where that paintline break goes in the next to last picture.
            Looks correct to me for a factory two-tone.
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by paintim613 View Post
              This car looks to be an aged twin of the one with 7300 miles on it bought by Wayne Carini on a recent Chasing Classic Cars episode. That car looked to be 100% original. Yes, 100%.
              To me, the big difference is Carini's car is a Commander (V8) and this car is a Champion (six).
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Originally posted by georgeE View Post
                Being a newb I have no clue as to values. It's really cool but is it worth that kind of money?
                That (worth it) would be for a seller and buyer to agree on.
                I wouldn't pay that for it, but if that is what you are looking for, the price is not out of line for an asking price.
                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

A clay bar and light polish would work wonders for this car. The ask would seem much more a bargain after same. It sure is pretty.
                  Is that the O/D handle below and to the left of the steering column. A super-smooth O/D Champion is (=) to a 232 automatic, IMO. AT least it would match how I'd drive it, anyway. A 232 O/D is another story...YUM!

The car Carini bought was posted here before he "chased" it, wasn't it?
                  First order of business, IMO, would have been to remove/sell the rare optional gee-gaws stuck all over that one*.
                  *except those that required filling holes -probably all of them- never mind...
                  Andy
                  62 GT

Comment

Before taking it to that Concours he won, he did remove that ugly Grille Guard on the vertical bumper guards, and that would mean replacing them unless you welded them up and re-plated them.

You are right, it still had a bit to many gee-gaws for my taste.
                    Those Bumper Corner Guards and Hood Ornament might enhance the Luxury look of a Land Cruiser or 4 Door Sedan, but on a C or K... NO thanks!
                    Last edited by StudeRich; 08-21-2015, 06:55 PM.
                    StudeRich
                    Second Generation Stude Driver,
                    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

The other way to see those gee-gaws is that while not good looking today, they were something desired by some and do add to the history of the "American Experience". Things like curb feelers look stupid but I remember how most all of the old ladies here in Pasadena had those on their cars so they wouldn't scuff the wide whites their hubbies so proudly kept nice and bright. I couldn't imagine an early '50's car without those big sun visors, especially '50 Mercurys, here in the southwest.

Comment

The Craigslist post was removed by the author a few weeks ago. The last posting I viewed the owner stated his "absolute bottom price" was $16,000. I assumed it had sold. Maybe the deal fell through.

Comment

Working...
                        X