Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Don't forget! Big Studebaker-Packard & Independents show Sat. Aug. 22, Tallmadge, OH (near Akron)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't forget! Big Studebaker-Packard & Independents show Sat. Aug. 22, Tallmadge, OH (near Akron)

Come on up, down, over for the big Studebaker-Packard & Independents show at Summit Racing on Sat. Aug. 22, 11 a.m.-5 p.m. one week from today.

We get a hundred or more cars at this meet, and the Summit Racing retail store there is a neat place to stop in too. Hotels are near and restaurants are within an exit on I-76 of Summit.

The meet itself is immediately off I-76 in Tallmadge, exit 29, just east of Akron--you can't miss the big Summit retail store there.

For further info, post here or IM me, or call our Ohio Region SDC president and the 'ringleader' of this meet, friendly Don Morgan at 330-882-3235.

A large ad for the meet is also on page 40 of the August 2015 'Turning Wheels'.

Hope to see you there!
    Bill Pressler
    Kent, OH
    (formerly Greenville, PA)
    Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
    Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
    1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
    1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
    All are in Australia now

Incidentally, I plan on bringing these NOS '61 and '62 Lark door panels, still in the Studebaker sleeve boxes, to Summit for that meet. Make an offer! All proceeds go to the host chapter, Ohio Region S.D.C. Call me before, or once there to see them--area code 330, 221 5904.

There's also an NOS black, left-rear-door '61 Lark Regal panel that's not in the pics in the thread above.
    Bill Pressler
    Kent, OH
    All are in Australia now

Comment

Plan on going there this coming weekend found these from 2013

Comment

Anyone going that has driver quality or better bumpers that fit a 63 Wagonaire for sale?
        Gary

Comment

Will be there coming from IM in St. Louis with planned stop at Summit.
          Peter Bishop

Comment

Great guys, see you there!
            Bill Pressler
            Kent, OH
            All are in Australia now

Comment

I plan on attending also. Am looking to purchase a 58 Packard "J" body 2 door hardtop., so bring out all your hidden '58 treasures. Thanks, dave

Comment

For the last 2 years there has been 2 Packard Hawks at Summit. This year mine should make it 3!
                sigpic

Packardbakerly,
                J.D.

Comment

I'm bringing a 1950 champion coupe For sale $7500. Need very little work.

Comment

Supposed to be beautiful weather and not real hot tomorrow--see you all there!
                    Bill Pressler
                    Kent, OH
                    All are in Australia now

Comment

Three of us will be leaving home around 9:00 should be there by 11:00

Comment

Back from Summit great weather and the show was a perfect match. Anyone who wants to see lots of Studebaker and Packard car should be there also great mix of rare cars such as these
                        Attached Files

Comment

I just saw some photos in one of the Studebaker Groups on Facebook.
                          What an awesome showing by the Packard crowd!!!

StudeDave '57
                          StudeRich
                          Second Generation Stude Driver,
                          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

There were 103 Studebakers and Packards registered, although a couple people said they counted cars and a good twenty weren't registered. We plan on ramping up that effort next year!

Twenty-something other independents were there--Ramblers, Hudsons, Crosleys, King Midgets. I was smitted by a red-with-white-stripe mid '70's bone-stock Matador X coupe. OK, heap it on now! LOL

While our goal some years back was to hit 200 Studes and Packards, we never hit that goal and our numbers seem to have declined but have held steady the past couple years, I think the Ohio Region S.D.C. can be proud that we draw a good amount more Studes than a zone meet does, in my memory, anyway.

Thanks to all who came. Great day!
                            Bill Pressler
                            Kent, OH
                            All are in Australia now

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Pressler View Post
                              I was smitted by a red-with-white-stripe mid '70's bone-stock Matador X coupe. OK, heap it on now! LOL
                              With a few owner-mods to the bumpers, those cars can look REAL GOOD! http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...3-1974-Matador

Craig

Comment

Working...
                              X