studebaker signs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• studebaker signs

I know a guy that buy's and sells reproduction signs and trying to get him to do studebakers. Any one have a interest or idea what the value of repo signs may be? Here is one that he did for my shop.
    Attached Files

I have numerous reproduction Studebaker signs. Have been making them for years. Everything from horse drawn era thru 1964. A few samples below. What material are his signs made from?

Click image for larger version

Name:	composite1 forum.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	158.0 KB
ID:	1699822Click image for larger version

Name:	composite 3.jpg
Size:	114.9 KB
ID:	1699823Click image for larger version

Name:	composite2.jpg
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	1699824Click image for larger version

Name:	composite4.jpg
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	1699825
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Mr. Q.. I sent you an email.

If someone can supply the artwork, I could produce signs on almost any material you want.

Decals, stickers, banners.. Anything else that's printed, for that matter.

Comment

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
        Mr. Q.. I sent you an email.

If someone can supply the artwork, I could produce signs on almost any material you want.

Decals, stickers, banners.. Anything else that's printed, for that matter.
        Yes, I have all the artwork. That what I have been using for years to make mine. Yes, I can have them made from most any material and any size. What ever the question is the answer is money!
        Richard Quinn
        Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

What I've seen so far are all heavy gauge steel. If I go in with him on this it will be steel and some aluminum. Thinking of making the large neon dealer signs that hung in front of the dealerships also.

Comment

I've been looking for one of the backlit plastic Lark signs if any are out there.
            sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
            Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
            "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

Ahybody wants to see my large collection of showroom banners for sale , come over.
              Due to my age I can not ship these so it is cash and carry.
              Robert Kapteyn
              studebaker@mac.com
              815 722 7262

Comment

Originally posted by rkapteyn View Post
                Ahybody wants to see my large collection of showroom banners for sale , come over.
                Due to my age I can not ship these so it is cash and carry.
                Robert Kapteyn
                studebaker@mac.com
                815 722 7262
                Due to my age I can't "come over" So , I guess I missum. LOL

Comment

I have no issues with reproduction signs. Originals of orphan brands are especially difficult to come by and when you do they are expensive. All quality reproduction can be pricey but not comparable to an original. I have no use to for paper or photo prints whether they are mounted on a foam core, laminated or otherwise. I prefer a metal or aluminum material that has either painted or vinyl applied graphics. They hold up in temperature changes and clean up easily.

This is an eight foot reproduction neon I picked up at the Pate Swap Meet two years ago. Nice piece and not cheap. A gift from my wife.

This is a two sided painted replica that hangs from the wall with a bracket.

This is another two side sign painted replica slightly different in the design from the one above but the same size. I have yet to hang this sign looking for a wall bracket.

The following are all reproductions using aluminum and vinyl graphics. These are inexpensive quality signs. You can find them by the person who produced them for me on eBay.

This one is outstanding!

As is this one.

Mike - Assistant Editor, Turning Wheels
                  Fort Worth, TX

Comment

I've never owned a neon sign but would like to, and of course it would have to be a Studebaker sign. I like your's, but have no place to put an 8 foot tall sign.

Comment

Sliverplate The one that we are looking at building in neon is the one you have sitting on your oil barrels. Only it will have the studebaker in neon. Still in the planning stage's and they wont be cheap to build or sell so not sure how many would want one. They may not be a perfect copy but close. And will be made in the USA.

Comment

I'd be interested in one of those. Keep us posted.
                        Thanks
                        Bill
                        sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
                        Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
                        "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

Me too...........keep us posted..............

Comment

If you can't afford the big ones, how about this? It even lights up.
                            "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

Working...
                            X