X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1964 Avanti at the Peabody Essex Museum - Links added to source materials

In Search of Timeless Design - Avanti at the Peabody Essex Museum

Links added to source materials:

Richard Vaux owner of the Studebaker Avanti on display at the Peabody Essex Museum

Boy, that Vaux Avanti is really something else....isn't it?

Comment

It is, until you put Mark Halsbands '64 powershift R-2 next to it!!!! It then becomes clear that the Vaux example clearly is adorned with the "emperor's" latest set of clothes!!!!
      Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
      Boy, that Vaux Avanti is really something else....isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Hawklover View Post
        It is, until you put Mark Halsbands '64 powershift R-2 next to it!!!! It then becomes clear that the Vaux example clearly is adorned with the "emperor's" latest set of clothes!!!!
        Well, I suppose there will always be a nicer car somewhere....but that really wasn't the point of my comment.

Comment

Just wanted to inform those that may be interested, and knew of the Vaux example, that there is indeed a finer one..hard to believe, but true!! Ya can't make stuff like this up! The Halsband Avanti recently took home top honors at the Greenwich auto show, and had taken home best of show down in Holmdel, New Jersey!!
          Well, I suppose there will always be a nicer car somewhere....but that really wasn't the point of my comment.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawklover View Post
            Just wanted to inform those that may be interested, and knew of the Vaux example, that there is indeed a finer one..hard to believe, but true!! Ya can't make stuff like this up! The Halsband Avanti recently took home top honors at the Greenwich auto show, and had taken home best of show down in Holmdel, New Jersey!!
            Nice of you to inform us of this.

Comment

Anytime, glad I was able to elucidate the information in a timely fashion :-)
              Nice of you to inform us of this.

Comment

Working...
              X