Another Treasure!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Treasure!

Got this 48 Champion home yesterday. It's to be a parts donor for the Convertible.My long time friend Mike A. bought it from Stephen Cade many years ago. My son James and I went with Mike to bring it home from Florida.
    Yesterday, James,Mike,and I loaded it up one more time and moved it to my shop. It will probably die there.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by rockinhawk; 08-09-2015, 06:48 PM.
    Neil Thornton

Good deal Neil. What parts will it donate to the convertible?
    Paul
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
    Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

Originally posted by r1lark View Post
      Good deal Neil. What parts will it donate to the convertible?
      Floors,hood, front fenders, grille... Whatever will fit.
      Neil Thornton

Comment

I understand the parts car side but look at the posts on the Vince Gardner Special for inspiration . Either way I feel it's got a positive direction . Ed

Comment

Originally posted by Halibrand1 View Post
          I understand the parts car side but look at the posts on the Vince Gardner Special for inspiration . Either way I feel it's got a positive direction . Ed
          Inspiring? maybe. Overwhelming? Definitely! Too big a job for me to consider.
          Neil Thornton

Comment

I think Mike is having 2nd thoughts or regrets about letting me have that little Champion 2dr sedan for parts. He called last night ,said he had found some extra sheet metal and other parts in his stash that I could have for the convertible and encouraged me to get the sedan running and have a matched set.
            Neil Thornton

Comment

Is that Convertible a '48 Champion Neil?
              I can never tell a Commander Six from a Champion Six until I see the distinctive Square tube High rise Exhaust Manifold on the right side of the Commander Engine.
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Rich, The convertible is actually a 49 Champion but I plan to build it back as a 48. My first car back in 1965 was a 48 Champion. I'm trying to re-create that car.
                Neil Thornton

Comment

That car looks too good to part out, but if you need parts and they're all there, it makes sense. That's going to be one good-looking convertible.

Comment

Those are my thoughts too,Sam. The Sedan was running when parked. just had some electrical problems. We have a 48 Commander Starlight body that's pretty solid. We may round up enough parts to fix the Convertible and the sedan.
                    Neil Thornton

Comment

Working...
                    X