Best Car in Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Car in Show

Holy Crap! I've had my 62 GT for a week and have had time to do nothing more than give it a good cleaning and it won Best Car in Show tonight! One proud Papa!

Click image for larger version

Name:	First Stud Award 2.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	158.0 KB
ID:	1748270Click image for larger version

Name:	First Stud Award.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	169.7 KB
ID:	1748271Click image for larger version

Name:	First Stud Award 3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	160.4 KB
ID:	1748272Click image for larger version

Name:	P1080432.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	167.7 KB
ID:	1748273
    Dave Warren's beautiful 55 Commander spent the evening showing the GT how to look good at a show!

Thumbs up for and your GT Hawk!
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

That is excellent to hear! Always good to see a Studebaker out in front.
      1947 Studebaker M-5
      1946 Studebaker M-5
      1948 Studebaker Land Cruiser
      1961 Studebaker Lark 4-dr. Sedan
      1951 Studebaker Land Cruiser

Comment

Wow, nice place to start!

Comment

Good show, and that 55 sure looks great too.

Comment

I love your wire wheels!
            Mike Davis
            1964 Champ 8E7-122 "Stuey"

Comment

Well done men!

Comment

LOL. I had just left after telling Kevin and Pam that I don't usually register at the shows because I don't really need the prizes........and Kevin won? KOOL! We can thank all the forum Stude boosters for keeping Kevin on the hunt for that perfect ride. Well done.
                Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Having had two '62 GT's...I could probably be legitimately accused of being a bit prejudiced. But, to me, the traditional aerodynamic clean un-chromed painted side grilles of that year is about the most handsome elegant presentation of the Hawk series. My ideal Hawk would be the refinements of the '64 with the front of the '62.

Congrats for your trophy. It will be a great comfort, in the future, when you participate in other events where a "shoe box" Chevy takes the trophy, or any number of dozens of newer "popular" common cars. On those occasions, you can say, "Been There, Done That!"
                  John Clary
                  Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

It doesn't get much better than that!

Comment

John, it's almost always one lonely Stude at that show out of about 150 cars (just mine). I was thrilled that Kato showed up and we created a buzz. He took the prize from some pretty nice rides: Chevies. Fords, Chryslers, Triumphs and a lot of new "retro" muscle cars like Camaros, Challengers and Mustangs. Detroit still isn't building a car with more class than a Studebaker.
                      Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Originally posted by warrlaw1 View Post
                        LOL. I had just left after telling Kevin and Pam that I don't usually register at the shows because I don't really need the prizes........and Kevin won? KOOL! We can thank all the forum Stude boosters for keeping Kevin on the hunt for that perfect ride. Well done.
                        LOL Dave.. believe me I was stunned! As you said there were some nice cars there but the KOOL combo of our two Studebakers did create quite a buzz! You are absolutely right about all of the forum Stude boosters for helping to instill that soft spot for Studes. And like I said once before when it comes to Studebaker, cool cars and great people abound. Thanks everyone for the accolades and Dave and I will keep on showing the Studebaker flag in this part of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by jclary View Post
                          Having had two '62 GT's...I could probably be legitimately accused of being a bit prejudiced. But, to me, the traditional aerodynamic clean un-chromed painted side grilles of that year is about the most handsome elegant presentation of the Hawk series. My ideal Hawk would be the refinements of the '64 with the front of the '62.

Congrats for your trophy. It will be a great comfort, in the future, when you participate in other events where a "shoe box" Chevy takes the trophy, or any number of dozens of newer "popular" common cars. On those occasions, you can say, "Been There, Done That!"
                          This is so spot on! The 62 front and the 64 rear would be perfect. And yes, it is usually a "belly button" car that takes the prize to be sure. That's why I was so stunned by the award. I walked around the show a couple of times and there were no where near the people gathering around the Mustangs etc.. like there were our Studebaker's! A most enjoyable experience!

Comment

Congrats!!!

That is a really nice looking car. I like the far of shot from the rear, it looks good sitting there.

Dean.

Comment

Originally posted by dean pearson View Post
                              Congrats!!!

That is a really nice looking car. I like the far of shot from the rear, it looks good sitting there.

Dean.
                              Thanks very much Dean. Yes, I like that angle as well. Really shows off the lines! I'm going to have some professional photos taken and that angle will definitely be one of them. Cheers!

Kevin (aka Kato)

Comment

Working...
                              X