Starlight Coupe Rear Window Blinds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starlight Coupe Rear Window Blinds

There presently is a set of 1947-1952 Starlight Coupe Rear Window Venetian Blinds. Price still escalating.

Would be nice to see someone tackle making "reasonably priced" reproduction set, if not finding another set of real ones.

Reggie

the ebay ad - from Mr Quinn (selling for a friend): http://www.ebay.com/itm/1947-52-Stud...item3f50e1f927
    Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

I saw a used and bent set at York twelve or fifteen years ago priced at $450.
      Brad Johnson,
      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

I see the set of 1947-1952 Starlight Coupe Venetian Blinds has sold on EBAY for $656.50 plus shipping. WOW!!!

Reggie

Comment

Time for someone to reproduce those things!

Comment

Originally posted by ReggieFoote View Post
            I see the set of 1947-1952 Starlight Coupe Venetian Blinds has sold on EBAY for $656.50 plus shipping. WOW!!!

Reggie
            A now deceased friend sold 3 NOS sets a few years ago. That's about what all 3 sets sold for. There isn't enough market to make reproductions worthwhile, but the 10 people in the world that want them, will pay for them.

Comment

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
              A now deceased friend sold 3 NOS sets a few years ago. That's about what all 3 sets sold for. There isn't enough market to make reproductions worthwhile, but the 10 people in the world that want them, will pay for them.
              Probably 10 years ago I sold a NOS set at York that I had for many years. I just started opening the box when someone excitedly asked "how much?". I just said $600 because I really hadn't thought about pricing it yet. They handed me the six and carried off the set.
              Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
              '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Originally posted by 53k View Post
                Probably 10 years ago I sold a NOS set at York that I had for many years. I just started opening the box when someone excitedly asked "how much?". I just said $600 because I really hadn't thought about pricing it yet. They handed me the six and carried off the set.
                Sounds exactly like Tom.. It's a small Stude world. If it was him, it's possible they're the ones now in Rockne10's car.

BTW Paul, I dunno if my last email went through. Have you had a chance to dig out those parts we emailed about? My '53 is calling out for you!

Comment

Working...
                X