STP Show and Tell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STP Show and Tell

John Kroulik recently made a nice purchase from the "Chuck Naugle Collection".

There are still many stories retold in the Arizona club of the great "show and tell" experiences that Chuck provided every time he went to a meet. Please enjoy the pictures below of these items that came from his garage in the high desert of Vail, AZ.

A comparison between the some labels seem to reveal changes that were occurring within the company.

Hope you enjoyed this "show and tell" provided by Chuck.
    Mike Lynch
    Sunnyslope, AZ

"Be kind and civil. Allow that you may be mistaken; allow that others will make mistakes, be gracious. If you're going to contribute, try to make it worthwhile."
    Alan Taylor

Nice save!...I wonder how many of these display racks were s---canned back in the day?

Comment

There sure were more of those labeling changes than I thought, all of mine say STP Division of Studebaker Corp. Des Plaines, IL.

My STP Can "Bank' has Chemical Compounds Div. of Studebaker Corp. on the Labeling paint in South Bend, IN.

I still have a a pile of STP 7 Oil Filters that fit full flow Stude. V8's in the "Silver Bullet" labeling and the Purple/Dark Blue STP Turbo Indy Car Labeling.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

This is the first time I've seen STP gas treatment. I've seen and used my share of the oil treatment, but never heard of their gas treatment.

Comment

Originally posted by TWChamp View Post
          This is the first time I've seen STP gas treatment. I've seen and used my share of the oil treatment, but never heard of their gas treatment.
          You're kidding right???? You been sleeping under a rock? It is still available at most automotive stores and WallyWorld.
          JS
          I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

I think the sign on the rack is post Studebaker. All the Studebaker ones I have seen are white like the racks in my avatar picture.

Comment

Heres the STP rakes I have .

sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
                Nice save!...I wonder how many of these display racks were s---canned back in the day?
                I still have the sign off the top of the rack resting in my garage. The rack is long gone (more than 42 years ago).

The sign was next to my 42" Studebaker Authorized Service sign that I sold through this forum. What is the STP sign worth these days or maybe I should say, what are you willing to pay for it?
                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Gary , not as much as that Studebaker was (g)
                  sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

The "Magic" STP Cans are Cool? But the Gas Additive looks like it was printed for sale in China!
                    StudeRich
                    Second Generation Stude Driver,
                    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Here is another version of the STP display...

And a close up of the sign...
                      Mike Lynch
                      Sunnyslope, AZ

"Be kind and civil. Allow that you may be mistaken; allow that others will make mistakes, be gracious. If you're going to contribute, try to make it worthwhile."
                      Alan Taylor

Comment

So I have seen other STP Products out there in various sizes and shapes. Let's see them. Any one have STP coveralls. I know they exist but haven't seen any. Just the ones on the pit crew with Granatelli

Comment

hello all, i have a pair of stp coveralls plus other stp items , i meet a guy some years ago in Queensland whos late uncle was the stp agent for australia , the uncle had been to the usa in the sixties and had bought back many stp products , he had also been to the studebaker factory , i bought the stp overalls from the nephew , i will try to post a picture if i can work it out, as i am not up with modern technology, cheers from roger
                          R.A.Jennings

Comment

Here's a few more varieties.

Someone out there must have something else to show. Let's see what you have.
                            Mike Lynch
                            Sunnyslope, AZ

Alan Taylor

Comment

Originally posted by asesolen View Post
                              Here's a few more varieties.

Someone out there must have something else to show. Let's see what you have.
                              Allow me to show my ignorance. I never knew this product could be added to an automatic transmission! Learn something new everyday on this forum. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X