Grab handle installation "Champ Truck"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grab handle installation "Champ Truck"

I'm playing with the idea of making and mounting one on the passenger side Windshield post.any one done this to a Champ or 59,60 lark ? pre - Lark with wrap around wind shields should take the same approach.making the handle is easy enough,but what was done to promote a secure mounting base ?,or has this not been done.I should mention this will be a metal handle with two mounting points,not a soft loop style.
    Joseph R. Zeiger

Since no 4X4 Champs were ever sold, I think you may be on your own.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Joseph, take a look at this thread on 3-point seat belts from a couple of weeks ago. While it's addressing mounting to the B pillar as opposed to the A, the concept is the same. http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...int-seat-belts
      Last edited by StudeNewby; 07-25-2015, 06:39 PM. Reason: add'l info
      Mike Davis
      1964 Champ 8E7-122 "Stuey"

Comment

Rich, the handle I will make "I guess will look similar" to the c-cab handles ? - I haven't seen one of them in so long.
        Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
        Since no 4X4 Champs were ever sold, I think you may be on your own.
        Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Thanks mike,I thought of that also. just so little room and narrow behind the trim,might try drilling a hole and inserting a nut so it's flush with that surface and weld it up.this is something to assist My Mother when She rides shot gun
          Originally posted by StudeNewby View Post
          Joseph, take a look at this thread on 3-point seat belts from a couple of weeks ago. While it's addressing mounting to the B pillar as opposed to the A, the concept is the same. http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...int-seat-belts
          Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Working...
          X