Couple of Avantis on Portland CL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple of Avantis on Portland CL

There are a couple of interesting Avantis on the Portland, Oregon Craigslist. Neither are mine although I wish I could buy one of them.

Ed Sallia
    Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Thanks Ed for the post. That white one in Oregon looks to be very nice and original. Like you, I wish it was parked in my garage.
    Bill

Comment

The black one doesn't look too shabby either. Lots of good pictures including the "hog troughs" looking pretty solid. It has some interesting modifications like a R-3 air duct to the carb from the r/f inner apron, dual master cylinder & deleted the coolant tank. I would like to see the battery hold down from what appears to be a regular group 24 battery. I, personally, am not crazy for the red carpeting but what appears to be later Avanti II front seats look comfortable & right. Both listings look promising.
      59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
      60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
      61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
      62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
      62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
      62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
      63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
      63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
      64 Zip Van
      66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
      66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Yes I too noticed all the Mods under the hood of the Grey one. It has quite a few interesting "Mods".
        I noted they cut the wraparound part of the front bumpers off and filled the hole in the fender with a side marker light.

The Interior apparently has '64 upgrades, like Walnut Dash and Console panels, late type Heater control knobs, Tilt Steering, a '64 AM/FM Radio, Power Door Lock and Trunk switches in the Ash Tray area etc. I am sure 63R3453 is way too early to be '63/'64 Transition Model, but the Seats, Tilt Column, Dash, Radio and Carpets are a dead giveaway many things are not as "Original" as the owner thinks.

It is a very sharp looking car and may be a better buy than the other Oregon Car, that is the White, more original and expensive one.

The Battery appears to be a Group 24F with the reverse (Ford) Posts, but If I recall correctly you would have to modify something to get it in there, because it is too wide, or Studebaker would have done it.
        There is a Group Size of Ford Battery that is narrower, but I can't really tell from the Pic if it is.

It appears to have '64 Avanti, "Avanti Supercharged" Emblems on the Fenders, but it has an Air Conditioning equipped Console at least Now.

Then there is the THM 2004R Overdrive and Late Avanti Motors, P N R OD 3 2 1 Shifter! NICE!

You have to wonder if this is one of those Cars that was sent back to Avanti Motors or Nostalgic Avanti for newer model "Upgrades".
        Last edited by StudeRich; 07-24-2015, 08:00 PM.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
        X