Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just bought 1957 Packard wagon

Hi everybody
    I have recently purchased a 1957 Packard Country Sedan wagon. Haven't picked it up yet since it's about 600 miles away and waiting for seller to get a replacement title for it. I like things that are unusual and with only 869 Packard wagons built there can't be too many of them left plus having a classic wagon with a factory supercharger is cool.
    There is a wealth of knowledge on this site, thanks for everyone's input.

I've been a mechanic since 1979 so the work won't be a problem but this will be my first Studebaker so I really appreciate everybody's input and information

Comment

Congratulations on your new Packard! You are sure to get a lot of attention every time you raise the hood.
      There is an incredible wealth of knowledge in our members here and in the Forum Search function. If it isn't there, all you have to do is ask.

Elko is a welcome stop every time we traverse Nevada (we like Hwy. 50).
      Andy
      62 GT

Comment

I also have a 1957 Packard Country Sedan that I've been working on since 2010. Motor and transmission have been rebuilt and have just started on the body and interior. Mine was found in a Pennsylvania salvage yard where it had been sitting since 1971. Hopefully yours is in better shape! Post some photos here, we love to see photos. What is your body number? There are three or more members on this forum who also own these rare automobiles so there's a wealth of information and help here to help you with yours. Good luck and also register it over on the Packard forum.
        sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
        Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
        "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

Congrats on your new Packard! Count me as jealous lol
          Welcome to the forum, too. Stop in often and feel free to ask any questions. Lots of knowledge here, along with good folks.
          Mike Davis
          1964 Champ 8E7-122 "Stuey"

Comment

can i ask what state the car is in?

Comment

the car is in northern California. it's complete and unmolested but in need of complete restoration.

Comment

Is it one from Andy Moss? if so he has a lot of Studebakers and it might be one he got from me many years ago.
                Candbstudebakers
                Castro Valley,
                California

Comment

Andy Moss selling one of his cars? Sorry Bob, but that just doesn't sound feasable. I have seen his Packard wagon. If it's the one you sold him, that was a long time ago.
                  Jon Stalnaker
                  Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

No, but the guy I'm buying it from has several Studebakers and Packards that he is selling.

Comment

Hi flyinlow, welcome and congrats on your new acquisition. As '57pack stated, there are a few of us here with the same unit. I have posted a few of my pics here of my ongoing project so you can see my restoration progress to date. Is yours the one from near Williams in northern Calif? I spied that one a few years ago parked in a carport on a side road which I believe was old highway 99W near Granzella's restaurant? Get us some photos as soon as possible.
                      Cheers,
                      Bill

Comment

Hello and welcome to the forum. I hope to be joining the ranks of the super rare wagon group....though mine will not be a Packard and it certainly does not have the same pedigree/small but loyal following. It did only have a production run of 286.

You will find this forum very useful and of course pictures are always welcomed. I used to travel through Elko frequently on the I-80 heading to Ogden, Utah from Oregon. I would take the 140 down to Winnemucca and connect to the I-80 E straight to Salt Lake City.
                        1947 Studebaker M-5
                        1946 Studebaker M-5
                        1948 Studebaker Land Cruiser
                        1961 Studebaker Lark 4-dr. Sedan
                        1951 Studebaker Land Cruiser

Comment

Welcome to the site Kevin!
                          I'm one of the nuts here that has a '57 Packard wagon. Since they are essentially Studebakers, you have come to the right place for advice. Let us know how we can help.
                          Chip
                          '63 Cruiser
                          '57 Packard wagon
                          '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
                          '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome. Here's a picture of the Packard, it may not be much to look at right now but is worth saving in my opinion and I look forward to having a unique car that I'm not likely to see at every car show. If you had told me when I was younger that I would be excited to put this much work into a station I'd have said you were crazy LOL
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	20150707_180608.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.9 KB
ID:	1699486
                            Last edited by flyinlow; 07-24-2015, 05:21 PM.

Comment

Damn. It's the same color combo as mine! No roof rack on ours. Check out my photos posted and see what yours' will look like. That original copper color really faded badly. With the the repaint it really stands out.
                              Talk soon,
                              Bill

Comment

Working...
                              X