1924 Studebaker Truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1924 Studebaker Truck

I'm looking at buying a 1924 Studebaker truck.. The body is in great condition, needs a paint job.. the floor boards and side boards need to be replace (I presume were originally wood?) This truck was supposedly special ordered for funerals... it's a second owner... runs good... What is it worth? They've asked me to make an offer...
    Thanks!
    Steve

Steve,
    Maybe someone's sent you a private E-mail with an answer - maybe not. Thing is, most of the attendees of this forum know postWWII Studes. There's just no experience here with '24s of any sort to draw from. Especially as regards commercial vehicles like this hearse.
    I think I'd be reviewing comparable vehicles on ebay, not JUST Studes. I'd be willing to bet that there's never been a '24 Stude Hearse OR truck for that matter, but there might have been other makes of that era.

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Steve,
      Maybe someone's sent you a private E-mail with an answer - maybe not. Thing is, most of the attendees of this forum know postWWII Studes. There's just no experience here with '24s of any sort to draw from. Especially as regards commercial vehicles like this hearse.
      I think I'd be reviewing comparable vehicles on ebay, not JUST Studes. I'd be willing to bet that there's never been a '24 Stude Hearse OR truck for that matter, but there might have been other makes of that era.

Miscreant adrift in
      the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Wrong, Mr. Biggs!! Stude did not make commercial vehicles themselves between 1917-27, but they did supply chassis' to outside manufacturers for speciality bodies like hearses, ambulances and paddy wagons. Steve, I would look for a body builders tag on it. If it has one, that would indicate it is not a "homebuilt" and will substantially increase it's value. Putting a value on speciality bodies is difficult, though. I really don't know what to suggest.
        Anyone else?

Terry

Comment

Wrong, Mr. Biggs!! Stude did not make commercial vehicles themselves between 1917-27, but they did supply chassis' to outside manufacturers for speciality bodies like hearses, ambulances and paddy wagons. Steve, I would look for a body builders tag on it. If it has one, that would indicate it is not a "homebuilt" and will substantially increase it's value. Putting a value on speciality bodies is difficult, though. I really don't know what to suggest.
          Anyone else?

Terry

Comment

Wrong how???[:I]

Miscreant adrift in
            the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
            1960 Larkvertible V8
            1958 Provincial wagon
            1953 Commander coupe

Comment

Wrong how???[:I]

Miscreant adrift in
              the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
              1960 Larkvertible V8
              1958 Provincial wagon
              1953 Commander coupe

Comment

I believe that Terry is saying the Studebaker did not factory build a truck, but rather supplied chassis units upon which various commercial bodies were placed.

Comment

I believe that Terry is saying the Studebaker did not factory build a truck, but rather supplied chassis units upon which various commercial bodies were placed.

Comment

And I believe Mr. Biggs was suggesting there has probably not been a comparable Stude on Ebay for comparison.
                    Brad Johnson,
                    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

And I believe Mr. Biggs was suggesting there has probably not been a comparable Stude on Ebay for comparison.
                      Brad Johnson,
                      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Check with Rick Peterson on the Antique Studebaker web site He is very knowegeable on that era Studes. also Richard Quin.

Comment

Check with Rick Peterson on the Antique Studebaker web site He is very knowegeable on that era Studes. also Richard Quin.

Comment

This is an interesting discussion as the AACA Museum was just given a completely restored 1924 Garford Truck by the Penske Organization. It is my understanding that Studebaker owned Garford at this time so could it be they were building the trucks for Studebaker?

See you in the future as I write about our past
                            sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

This is an interesting discussion as the AACA Museum was just given a completely restored 1924 Garford Truck by the Penske Organization. It is my understanding that Studebaker owned Garford at this time so could it be they were building the trucks for Studebaker?

See you in the future as I write about our past
                              sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Working...
                              X