Was the Climatizer optional on 62GT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was the Climatizer optional on 62GT?

If optional, would it be listed on the build sheet? Or was it more of a dealer installed option? And as long as we're talking options Just what could you get from the factory and dealer if you wanted to fully outfit your new GT back in 1962?
    I'd rather be driving my Studebaker!

sigpic

You are asking for a VERY LOoooog List! You want Rubber Floor Mats, Curb Feelers, a Gas Door Guard, Mudflaps, White Wall Tires, Wheelcovers, a Radio, Heater, Clock, Tachometer, a Cigar Lighter, Tinted Glass, 4 Barrel Carb. Internal Crank up Antenna, a Rear Decklid Antenna? YOU got to Pay, on most models of Studes.!

If you order your Production Order, you will see what the Factory installed, and any more extras it now has were either Dealer installed or owner Installed.

A Climatizer could be either Factory or Dealer installed for extra cost.
    The Dealer my Dad worked at, ordered most cars especially the lower Trim and cost ones without Radio and Heater, that way they never had to remove one for a "Conservative buyer", and most of them were cost conscious buyers!

On the other hand, a '62 GT Hawk did actually have Standard items that were extra on lower cost Models like: Glove Compartment Light, Back-up Lights, Cigar Lighter, 4 Arm Rests, 2 Sun Visors, Wheel Covers, Dual Exhausts, Oil Filter, 289 Engine complete with H.D. Finned Brake Drums and Model 44 Rear Axle. OH!, and 50% SP Antifreeze, a Gallon of Gas and 5 Wheels and 5 Blackwall Tires!
    Last edited by StudeRich; 07-20-2015, 04:21 PM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
      A Climatizer could be either Factory or Dealer installed for extra cost.
      Besides the regular Climatizer, an Auxiliary Heater (AC-3033) for the driver's side was also available.

Craig

Comment

My build sheet lists just two items: White Wall Tires and undercoating. It has, full gauges, radio (no push buttons), Climatizer and power steering. I'm guessing that these were all added by the dealer. Have you ever seen a 62 GT with mudflaps?
        I'd rather be driving my Studebaker!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wlfrench View Post
          My build sheet lists just two items: White Wall Tires and undercoating. It has, full gauges, radio (no push buttons), Climatizer and power steering. I'm guessing that these were all added by the dealer. Have you ever seen a 62 GT with mudflaps?
          Wayne, that is highly unusual. Could you post a photo of the Production Order? BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Yeah BUT, remember it is a recently (probably the last 20 years) modified Car, that would explain a whole lot.
            Parts from other cars were likely added in the "restoration".

I could not find the first post when you were looking to buy it, I think there were Good pics of it somewhere. it's a sharp looking Hawk but with quite a few owner "upgrades" and Mods.
            Last edited by StudeRich; 07-20-2015, 08:35 PM.
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
            X