1950 GRILLE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1950 GRILLE

When I took the two sections of grille out of my 50 they were not the same. One side was attached with small bolts which went into tiny threaded blocks of the grille. The other side was attached with rivets and there was no place to use bolts. Was this standard procedure or [?]

There are no signs of the front end being wrecked that I can find.

Jim

1950 2 timer
    sigpicJimmie
    Orange County, Indiana
    1950 CHAMPION -ORANGE COUNTY, INDIANA

Well I have never seen how a front of a 50 went together but I would bet you that rivets were not used by Studebaker to hold a grill in. I'm certian an expert ei: Mr Biggs will chime in on this topic.

Randy_G
    1959 Lark Sedan
    This website is for sale! automotivehistoryonline.com is your first and best source for information about automotivehistoryonline. Here you will also find topics relating to issues of general interest. We hope you find what you are looking for!

Comment

Well I have never seen how a front of a 50 went together but I would bet you that rivets were not used by Studebaker to hold a grill in. I'm certian an expert ei: Mr Biggs will chime in on this topic.

Randy_G
      1959 Lark Sedan
      This website is for sale! automotivehistoryonline.com is your first and best source for information about automotivehistoryonline. Here you will also find topics relating to issues of general interest. We hope you find what you are looking for!

Comment

Rivets WERE used on about the first 20,000 Champions before the threaded boss was added to the grills. That you have one of each style pretty well indicates one of the panels has been replaced.

Dwain G.
        Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

Rivets WERE used on about the first 20,000 Champions before the threaded boss was added to the grills. That you have one of each style pretty well indicates one of the panels has been replaced.

Dwain G.
          Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

Working...
          X