Reedsville & Corkins photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reedsville & Corkins photos

I put the photos I took at Reedsville and at Max Corkins' shop on Webshots.

Here is the link:

Leonard Shepherd

Nice selection, Leonard...thanks. (I can't believe that 1958 Silver Hawk didn't follow you home.) BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Nice selection, Leonard...thanks. (I can't believe that 1958 Silver Hawk didn't follow you home.) BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

quote:Nice selection, Leonard...thanks. (I can't believe that 1958 Silver Hawk didn't follow you home.)
        No Mun...No Fun!

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

quote:Nice selection, Leonard...thanks. (I can't believe that 1958 Silver Hawk didn't follow you home.)
          No Mun...No Fun!

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

Thanks Leonard,
            I tossed some pallet lumber in the fireplace and opened some old parts boxes to replicate the smell and abience.
            (I still can't believe Max paints Stude's right next to the woodburner[:0])
            Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by lstude

Here is the link:
            HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Thanks Leonard,
              I tossed some pallet lumber in the fireplace and opened some old parts boxes to replicate the smell and abience.
              (I still can't believe Max paints Stude's right next to the woodburner[:0])
              Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by lstude

Here is the link:
              HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Thanks for the pics, Leonard. The yellow '53 appears identical to one owned by my gradparents in 1960. Its original appearing dash matches up with mine.

Tim Painter-53 Studebird in Yuma, AZ
                Tim-'53 Starlight Commander Custom in Yuma, AZ
                jimsrodshop.com/project/53-resurrection

Comment

Thanks for the pics, Leonard. The yellow '53 appears identical to one owned by my gradparents in 1960. Its original appearing dash matches up with mine.

Tim Painter-53 Studebird in Yuma, AZ
                  Tim-'53 Starlight Commander Custom in Yuma, AZ
                  jimsrodshop.com/project/53-resurrection

Comment

Dang, Leonard, I didn't know about the building with all the complete cars! Good thing I got ditched on the way there (Guido ran a red light to do so[:0]) and while I did eventually find the place, I only saw the building where the band was Never saw you (or Guido) there- in fact the only people I recognized were Bondo and Max...

Oh well, I'll give it another try next year...

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                    Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Dang, Leonard, I didn't know about the building with all the complete cars! Good thing I got ditched on the way there (Guido ran a red light to do so[:0]) and while I did eventually find the place, I only saw the building where the band was Never saw you (or Guido) there- in fact the only people I recognized were Bondo and Max...

Oh well, I'll give it another try next year...

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                      Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Great pictures Leonard, almost like being there!

Tell me you were there, what's the deal with this Max Corkins?
                        I get that he has a barn full of antiques and some Stude. projects, but what is the Band for? Was there a sale going on or something to bring in the cash to pay for a band, or is that just his contribution to having fun? [:0]

StudeRich
                        Studebakers Northwest
                        Ferndale, WA
                        StudeRich
                        Second Generation Stude Driver,
                        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Great pictures Leonard, almost like being there!

Tell me you were there, what's the deal with this Max Corkins?
                          I get that he has a barn full of antiques and some Stude. projects, but what is the Band for? Was there a sale going on or something to bring in the cash to pay for a band, or is that just his contribution to having fun? [:0]

StudeRich
                          Studebakers Northwest
                          Ferndale, WA
                          StudeRich
                          Second Generation Stude Driver,
                          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

quote:Originally posted by BobPalma

You know, I looked at that car several times, and did have my tow dolly with me... never was able to locate the owner[}] So my dolly came home empty...

Probably just as well

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

quote:Originally posted by BobPalma

You know, I looked at that car several times, and did have my tow dolly with me... never was able to locate the owner[}] So my dolly came home empty...

Probably just as well

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Working...
                              X