Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hagerty Price Guide #3 Values, interesting.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hagerty Price Guide #3 Values, interesting.

Dick
    Mountain Home, AR
    http://www.livingintheozarks.com/studebaker2.htm

One thing you did not mention, these are all TRUCKS! And a Chevy. K10 is a Blazer! Revised: it's a 4X4 1/2 Ton.

What have they been smoking?
    Last edited by StudeRich; 07-08-2015, 06:10 PM. Reason: Corrected Model of Brand X
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I believe the K5 was the Blazer. The K10 I think are 1/2 ton 4X4 pick ups.

Comment

Yes you are correct a K10 is a 1/2 ton 4X4 pickup the Blazer is a K5

Comment

...and, the "point" is??? Maybe, traditionally cheap Studes aren't always?

Comment

Can you provide links to the data you posted? Seems very high to me...especially the Scotsman.

Here's what I get from the Hagerty site...

https://www.hagerty.com/valuationtoo...port?vbe=34209

#3 condition Scotsman (August 2008...as far back as the graph goes) = $3,000
            (April 2015...most current point on the graph) = $3,600
            Dick Steinkamp
            Bellingham, WA

Comment

As with most "guides" they are published for their audience. Since Hagerty is selling directly to the collector crowd and insuring same, it only makes sense to show vehicles at the highest values--feel good principle. Looking at an Avanti, you'll see almost by magic they have gone from 15-25k drivers to 60k restored vehicles in a few short months. That's why most don't sell at auctions because they never "hit reserves" in the bidding--wish full thinking abounds. They get their figures from auction results, not private party sales, or E-Bay results. So one sale at an outrageous price means all the others are now worth more--yeah right.

Comment

......and Hagerty's MO is to place such an artificially high value on it, so that when you can't sell it, feel upside down, have it insured through them (since they massaged the heck out of you), you won't put any miles on it for fear of losing said made-up value.......and they will never get a claim against them for lack of road (damage)exposure....(enter Griot's garage....).

Comment

I agree with Dick, where did the OP Hagerty value come from. When I use their valuation tool at https://www.hagerty.com/valuationtoo.../VehicleSearch I get that a #3 58 Champion Scotsman 2dr is valued at $6100 and a #3 58 Champion Scotsman 4dr is valued at $3600. A #1 2dr is only valued at $11,400. (as of May 2015)

I think that their values are not far off. The problem is that most CASO think their car is #1 or #2 instead of #3 or #4. I opine that there are very few #1 or #2 cars in Stude land.
                  78 Avanti RQB 2792
                  64 Avanti R1 R5408
                  63 Avanti R1 R4551
                  63 Avanti R1 R2281
                  62 GT Hawk V15949
                  56 GH 6032504
                  56 GH 6032588
                  55 Speedster 7160047
                  55 Speedster 7165279

Comment

This could be the Haggerty article causing the confusion:

Eric DeRosa

\'63 R2 Lark
                    \'60 Lark Convertible

Comment

HA, Ha, ha! ... I don't think confusion is a strong enough word!
                      StudeRich
                      Second Generation Stude Driver,
                      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

My apologies to OP! I ignorantly assumed we were discussing cars. Trucks usually have higher values than cars - even today. I see no reason why that should not be the same in the collectors market. I am glad that Stude made such a good showing.
                        78 Avanti RQB 2792
                        64 Avanti R1 R5408
                        63 Avanti R1 R4551
                        63 Avanti R1 R2281
                        62 GT Hawk V15949
                        56 GH 6032504
                        56 GH 6032588
                        55 Speedster 7160047
                        55 Speedster 7165279

Comment

Originally posted by 2R2 View Post
                          This could be the Haggerty article causing the confusion:

https://www.hagerty.com/articles-vid...lassic-Pickups
                          ...so, if you can snag a #3 Scotsman pickup for $10k, you can flip it for a quick $5k? I don't believe I would make that purchase, but go right ahead
                          Dick Steinkamp
                          Bellingham, WA

Comment

Originally posted by 64studeavanti View Post
                            My apologies to OP! I ignorantly assumed we were discussing cars. Trucks usually have higher values than cars - even today.
                            I'd probably argue that.

A 57 Chevy pickup is worth more than a 57 Chevy hardtop? 32 Ford pickup worth more than any body of a 32 Ford car? 63 Ford pickup worth more than a 63 Ford hardtop or convertible? I'm not sure I could come up with a pickup that is worth more than a same year car of the same make (I'm sure there are some...I just can't think of one).
                            Dick Steinkamp
                            Bellingham, WA

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp View Post
                              I'd probably argue that.

A 57 Chevy pickup is worth more than a 57 Chevy hardtop? 32 Ford pickup worth more than any body of a 32 Ford car? 63 Ford pickup worth more than a 63 Ford hardtop or convertible? I'm not sure I could come up with a pickup that is worth more than a same year car of the same make (I'm sure there are some...I just can't think of one).
                              1964-66 Dodge CSS pickup. I have only seen one in person,rather hard to find.Info here:
                              dodge, Dodge, Truck, truck, Mopar, mopar, pickup, Pickup, A-100, Van, a-100, Sweptside, sweptside, longbed, shortbed, longbox, shortbox, van, '61-'71, D-100, Chrysler, chrysler, Dodge Ram, dodgeram, Ram, Automobiles, cars, Transportation, automobiles, Street Truck, Hot Rod, auto, 61 dodge, 62 dodge, 63 dodge, 64dodge, 65 dodge, 66 dodge, 67 dodge, 68 dodge, 69 dodge, 70 dodge, 71 dodge, sweptline, sweptside, Sweptline, Utiline, Power Wagon, D-Series, Town Panel, Town Wagon, A-100, A-108, Dodge Truck, dodge truck, power wagon, adventurer, truck parts, old trucks, classic pickups

There is also the 1957 Dodge Sweptside.

I may be partial to Dodge pickups
                              Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

Working...
                              X