Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Yellow Valve Cover Paint code

Hi guys,

Does anyone have a paint code for the yellow valve cover paint for the early 65 Studes? I assume its the same as the 64 valve covers. I used the SI paint, but it was too bright yellow. Thanks for the help.

Nate

I've never seen one, Nate.

Remember, that yellow tends to darken with age and the environment in which it is operating (under-hood heat, chemical fumes, etc.), so the newer paint will appear brighter than anything "old" you polish up for comparison. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I think what Nate may be saying is that the Late '62 to Early '65 Valve Cover Color was Pale Yellow, not "Daytona" Bright Yellow.

I just grab a Can of Pale Yellow off the shelf at a Paint Store like Sherwin Williams.

I think he is saying that scanning the Color of Jeff's CE will not work!
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

You got it Studerich! It has more white in it than a bright yellow.

Comment

I know Kent had a bunch made about 7 years ago, but I don't know him and from reading old posts, sounds like I can't contact him.

Comment

Originally posted by Studebaker1965 View Post
            I know Kent had a bunch made about 7 years ago, but I don't know him and from reading old posts, sounds like I can't contact him.
            Please, DO NOT "GO THERE"!
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Haha. That's what I thought!

Comment

Working...
              X