Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

. Marilyn Monroe - July 4 - Studebaker Candy .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• . Marilyn Monroe - July 4 - Studebaker Candy .

You do have to wonder what the heck is going on in Pic #1! Maybe you need to see the whole Movie.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Looks like Marilyn and screenwriter/hubby Arthur Miller on location (Reno, Nevada?) for her (and Clark Gable's) last released movie. Was it "The Misfits"? Not sure of the title.

The haunted and doomed Montgomery Clift managed to appear in a few more.

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
        You do have to wonder what the heck is going on in Pic #1! Maybe you need to see the whole Movie.
        Pic #1- Pretty obvious Rich, he's buying her a hotdog, and the Stude is next in line.

Pic# 2- Now that's a FIRECRACKER!

Happy July 4th everyone! And God Bless those who fought and died for our Freedom to celebrate!
        JS
        I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

Originally posted by LarkTruck View Post
          Pic #1- Pretty obvious Rich, he's buying her a hotdog, and the Stude is next in line.

Pic# 2- Now that's a FIRECRACKER!

Happy July 4th everyone! And God Bless those who fought and died for our Freedom to celebrate!
          JS
          To me, it looks like the 1953 Studebaker is parked on the street at a meter and they are on the sidewalk at a vendor cart.
          I can't tell what she is looking at (not the hot dog) - maybe a tip jar.
          I think that his one extended finger is to indicate that he only wants one, for her. He is too busy with his fresh cigarette.
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Marilyn is so much more sensuous and desirable looking than so many current "celebrities" whose only talents seem to be hanging all their parts out for anyone who will look and being terrible role models.

Marilyn knew how to use the camera as its subject.
            Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

Indeed she did and without one visit to the plastic surgeon.

Comment

The movie I liked best with her is "The River of No Return" with Robert Mitchum. Just my personal opinion.

Comment

Maybe this photo (no. 1) is where Michael Jackson got the 'One Glove' idea.
                  Jerry Forrester
                  Forrester's Chrome
                  Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

Originally posted by E. Davis View Post
                    Indeed she did and without one visit to the plastic surgeon.
                    Sorry, but medical records have shown for years that she had a chin implant about 1950 and a nose job a few years later. She also consulted with a plastic surgeon a couple of months before she died in 1962. One might imagine that visit was for youth-restoring suggestions.

Comment

Are ya sure thats Arthur Miller ? ? Sure looks like Roy Scheiders' dad. And, yeah, Marilyn did have it goin on. "Some Like it Hot" was my fave.
                      sals54

Comment

New York City, 1957.

Here's more from the same roll:

Marilyn Monroe with Arthur Miller eating a hot dog, New York City, photographed by Sam Shaw, 1957.
                        ?Wanted: Power Steering Parts for a 60 Lark.

Comment

Thanks for that, CJ. In the first shot, we get a much better look at the car. Seems, Marilyn was careful not to eat the bun. Typical of her. Sinning, but not too much...
                          Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                          K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                          Ron Smith
                          Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

He wasn't a bad looking guy, but marrying Marilyn Monroe was fighting above his weight class for sure. That mismatch was right up there with Mickey Rooney marrying Ava Gardner, Orson Welles landing Rita Hayworth or more recently Julia Roberts marrying Lyle Lovett.

Gives hope to dopey looking guys everywhere. There should be a statue of him.
                            ?Wanted: Power Steering Parts for a 60 Lark.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunslinger View Post
                              Marilyn is so much more sensuous and desirable looking than so many current "celebrities" whose only talents seem to be hanging all their parts out for anyone who will look and being terrible role models.
                              Marilyn knew how to use the camera as its subject.
                              I agree with your statement but she did on occasion let all her parts hang out.

Quote:"It's not true I had nothing on. I had the radio on.
                              On reports of her nude photographs for a calendar, as quoted in TIME magazine (1952)"
                              sigpic
                              55 President Deluxe
                              64 Commander
                              66 Cruiser

37 Oldsmobile F37 4 Door

Comment

Working...
                              X