Jt 1802

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jt 1802

After a much hurried thread on the topic of the existing engine in my 1962 Champ P/U, I have finally made it home and a subsequent re-inspection reveals that it is in fact, not a JTS designation. I am happy that it is not a supercharged engine, I guess because of the low compression pistons and heads that were used on the supercharged engines and the fact that I do not intend on using a supercharger at this time (I think.) I am presently having Jeff Rice build one of his "Mopar" intake creations for it and the plan is to really machine and port this engine to it's full capabilities. Complete balancing and blueprinting, (my Nascar buddies are alluding to some special work they want to do as well!) Thanks to everyone who chimed in on the original post, I now know the engine came from a Lark out of Missouri which was added to a champ P/U, taken to Oregon, rebuilt and installed in my Champ P/U which I purchased last Thanksgiving. The truck is alive and well in Mooresville N.C. now and will receive much needed umph!
    sigpic

So that substantiates the link to the Jet Thrust News paragraph in your previous post about it being 'installed in a Champ truck' http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...88991-Jts-1802

Craig

Comment

Yes it does and thank you Craig for finding that piece of the puzzle from the JTN post. I thought it to be too much of a coincidence that the motor went to Oregon and the numbers were that close. I still think it's great that this motor has brought life back to several vehicles since it's removal, just goes to show how durable these engines were and fitting that I give it a much needed resurrection, I'm going to make it hum "big time."
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X