Dumb Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumb Question

I have posted a few things on this forum. What I have found is that I get responses usually overnight. However, I continue to check each one periodically to see if anything new has been added. As time goes on and I do more posting this going back to check will become a very time consuming thing. Is there any way to tell if new comments have been added without actually opening an earlier post to check.

Thank you,
    Jim

1950 2 timer
    sigpicJimmie
    Orange County, Indiana
    1950 CHAMPION -ORANGE COUNTY, INDIANA

When a topic has a new post, I think it automatically goes to the top of the list.

John

Comment

When a topic has a new post, I think it automatically goes to the top of the list.

John

Comment

There is no such thing as a dumb question.

Some people try to remove rear brake drums for hours without success. You really need a puller.

Answer: Check number of replies beside your question.

Paul R

Comment

There is no such thing as a dumb question.

Some people try to remove rear brake drums for hours without success. You really need a puller.

Answer: Check number of replies beside your question.

Paul R

Comment

quote:I think it automatically goes to the top of the list
            It does. So, if there are no recent responses, the thread begins to get buried and you will need to hunt for it. Three years ago, there were so few people participating in the Forum, you could still find your post on the first page a week later. Now, there is so much activity, the web master has doubled the number of posts listed on a page and you still may find yesterday's post at the bottom of the second page.

You can use the search function at the top of this page. Type in your thread title and find it quickly or, click on your own screen name and, under "Basics" in your profile, click on "find all non-archived posts by Jimmie".

There was a feature here that enabled you to subscribe to a thread and receive an email when a post was added to that thread. There was a server problem and our web master got buried in the quagmire so the feature was deleted. Perhaps, if the problem has been solved, that option could be reinstituted.

Brad Johnson
            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
            '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight
            Brad Johnson,
            SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
            '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
            '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

quote:I think it automatically goes to the top of the list
              It does. So, if there are no recent responses, the thread begins to get buried and you will need to hunt for it. Three years ago, there were so few people participating in the Forum, you could still find your post on the first page a week later. Now, there is so much activity, the web master has doubled the number of posts listed on a page and you still may find yesterday's post at the bottom of the second page.

You can use the search function at the top of this page. Type in your thread title and find it quickly or, click on your own screen name and, under "Basics" in your profile, click on "find all non-archived posts by Jimmie".

There was a feature here that enabled you to subscribe to a thread and receive an email when a post was added to that thread. There was a server problem and our web master got buried in the quagmire so the feature was deleted. Perhaps, if the problem has been solved, that option could be reinstituted.

Brad Johnson
              Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
              '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight
              Brad Johnson,
              SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
              Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
              '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
              '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

If you look at the top right corner of the window, you will see the
                text "you are logged on as" and below is your screen name in bold,
                underlined and blue. If you click that, it will show you a list of
                the last few posts that YOU have made. New posts will have a purple
                folder next to it, old posts will be yellow.

Tom

'63 Avanti, zinc plated drilled & slotted 03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, soon: TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves, 'R3' 276 cam, Edelbrock AFB Carb, GM HEI distributor, 8.8mm plug wires
                '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
                Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
                http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
                I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

If you look at the top right corner of the window, you will see the
                  text "you are logged on as" and below is your screen name in bold,
                  underlined and blue. If you click that, it will show you a list of
                  the last few posts that YOU have made. New posts will have a purple
                  folder next to it, old posts will be yellow.

Tom

'63 Avanti, zinc plated drilled & slotted 03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, soon: TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves, 'R3' 276 cam, Edelbrock AFB Carb, GM HEI distributor, 8.8mm plug wires
                  '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
                  Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
                  http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
                  I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

Working...
                  X