Classic Enterprises Fiberglass front air deflector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Classic Enterprises Fiberglass front air deflector

Anyone have any experience with the fiberglass reproduction front air deflector from classic enterprises? How did it fit? Did it need any modification?

How does the the latch plate attach? In the photo on their web site, the uprights/brackets that the latch plate mounts to is missing. Do I have to remove them from my deflector then bolt them to the fiberglass one?

Other option would be a NOS one or an very nice used one if anyone knows of any available.

Thanks
    Wayne
    Wayne
    "Trying to shed my CASO ways"

sigpic

Wayne, what year/make/model of this are you looking for?
    Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Oops. 61 Hawk.
      Wayne

sigpic

Comment

I have had one on my '53 for about 12 years now. Very sturdy and it fits well. I have hit a big road gator and a few curb stones and driveway dips with mine and it has kept its shape perfectly. I don't think a stock one would have stood up to what this one has. It is steel re-enforced. I don't know about the Hawk specific attachments, I would call them.
        Pat Dilling
        Olivehurst, CA
        Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Pat, I am not familiar with the front clip of a 53. Does the hood latch plate attach to front air deflector on your 53 like it does on the later Hawks?
          Wayne

sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X