Custom 1952 Starlight Coupe in Redding CA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom 1952 Starlight Coupe in Redding CA

I was contacted by a gentleman in Redding California who has acquired a car from a deceased neighbor. He is interested in selling the car and is working to come up with a fair value. The car is extensively customized, he does not know a lot about it. Obviously it has a bullet nose front end, he says the title states it is a '52 as did his neighbor before he passed. This is clearly one that may not ring everyone's bell. It runs and drives well and was meticulously cared for by the previous owner. It has a Chevy 350/T350 combination, I do not know about the suspension or brakes. I am attaching the pictures he sent me. If you are interested I will PM the owners contact info.
    Attached Files
    Pat Dilling
    Olivehurst, CA
    Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Dare to be different. I like the outside. The engine compartment is outstanding.

Comment

That roof chop had to be really difficult and it looks like you stated a lot of work has gone into it.

Dean.

Comment

It always strikes me as odd how the center rear of the roof looks like it is sagging when these starlight coupes are chopped. But, it looks like that on every one I've seen chopped. Not critiquing this build. Just making an observation.
        ~Matt Connor
        '59 Lark 2-door

Comment

I have a 52 hard to and a local mercury ledsled builder tried to sell me on chopping mine.
          He said a chop would be 10k.

I wouldn't do it to this car even if it was free but just an example I'll bet the chop on that car was at least that much.

Your remarks are exactly what I noticed the slope on the rear glass is a bit much but to make it all work would take some serious skills.

Dean.

Comment

What gets me on a roof chop is now the body sides look to large. So to look right you need to take a few inches out of that. Now that's going to be fun.

Comment

Not my cup of tea, but I hope someone can do something with it...
              sigpic

1950 Commander Starlight Coupe
              Regal Deluxe Trim
              Automatic transmission
              46k original miles, 4th Owner

Comment

It also has 51 taillights. Keep track of who buys it so we can get them in the club.
                Jon Stalnaker
                Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Wow. The under hood picture could compete at Hunters Custom Auto Show.
                  My 1st car. "A TRANSTAR"

Starliner
                  sigpic
                  Somewhere between Culture and Agriculture
                  in the Geographic center of Tennessee

Comment

I could be wrong, but I think I saw that car about 10 years ago and it was yellow.
                    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Dash looks like one for a 51 Champion. He probably has the wrong title, but you never know what got changed on one like that.
                      "In the heart of Arkansas."
                      Searcy, Arkansas
                      1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                      1952 2R pickup

Comment

Working...
                      X