Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Touch Up Paint?????

Hey guys,

Does anybody know where I may be able to find a bottle of Studebaker touch up paint thats usable and not dried up??? Yeah, I know it sounds silly however I HAVE had original Studebaker touch up paint in the past that was unopened and the paint inside was good to use. I would like to get a usable bottle for my Lark. Color is Rose Mist metallic..................................

-George-

Because these were not properly sealed to last 54 years, I do not think you will find anything more than Rock in these that many of us have.

This Post didn't work to well either.

Last edited by StudeRich; 06-16-2015, 10:31 AM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Maybe you should seek out an automotive finishes store or shop.

When I purchased my 1950 Studebaker Starlight Coupe last year, I wanted to get some touch-up paint. Lucky me, there's a paint shop in town. All I did was drive my car and let them scope it out with some kind of an electronic gadget. They took the reading and mixed me a pint of touch-up paint which matched perfectly.

If you don't have a shop like this, most newer body shops can do the same thing. Just need the car or some loose body part to match the color.

Good luck,

Reggie

Comment

If you're looking for one for display, they show up on eBay from time to time. In fact there's a selection on eBay now but, sorry no Rose Mist.
        sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
        Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
        "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

Check with SI, they had a bunch of the touch up paint in the little metal bottles the last time I was in SB (no idea if they have Rose Mist, but it's worth asking).
          Dan Peterson
          Montpelier, VT
          1960 Lark V-8 Convertible
          1960 Lark V-8 Convertible (parts car)

Comment

Originally posted by 57pack View Post
            If you're looking for one for display, they show up on eBay from time to time. In fact there's a selection on eBay now but, sorry no Rose Mist.
            Yeah ---- I want to display it "on the car (permanently applied)" !!!!!!! I have a couple spots I'd like to toiuch up on my Lark but I've spoken with lots of autobody shops and nobody wants to touch the original paint because it is enamel and they don't know how to work with enamel. Duhhh......

I'll ring up SI and see what they have. I know, Rose Mist Metallic is not the most popular color on the charts. But you never know. And, its its a damned pretty color!

-George-

Comment

George, maybe one of the vendors here have it: http://www.studebakervendors.com/

but i've taken other non-Studes as advised in post #3 - go to a "auto paint store" (not a FLAPS) and let them match the color.
              Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Working...
              X