Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '38 Commander, '58 Packard Hawk CL Pickings

Hi

First, a lovely '58 Packard Hawk, a bit pricey for most but very nice for those who can afford a fully restored example:

And, now for a laugh, a '38 Commander sedan, listed as "38 Packard" in the heading and "1938 plymouth gran fury" in the description block:

Quick, someone buy this Commander from this terribly confused fellow........

Steve

The beautiful Packard Hawk looks to be easily worth the asking price. The sedan looks like crusher bait.

Comment

The Hawk looks nice, just a few authenticity details which lets it down. Lets hope he gets the right money.

Chris.

Comment

Originally posted by stude dude View Post
        The Hawk looks nice, just a few authenticity details which lets it down. Lets hope he gets the right money.

Chris.
        'Screw type' hose clamps?

Comment

Originally posted by stude dude View Post

Chris.
          On a quick look, I see little things like the radiator cap.
          Should the interior mirror back be painted, not stainless/chrome (I don't remember and I am not home to be able to look anything up.)?
          The biggest one, to me, is that the fins appear to be silver color, not gold metallic.
          What bothers me is the location of the Serial Number plate.
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I missed the radiator cap.....but the painted mirror is correct Gary!

Comment

Radiator cap,
              Later type seat belts,
              No rocker cover decals,
              Seat runners on top of carpet,

I would have thought the mirror back should be chrome. And the mylar does look more silver than gold but it may just be the lighting. All easily fixed though.......

Comment

My late Packard Hawk had a stainless inside mirror. I never liked the pink dash fiberglass and steering wheel.
                Bez Auto Alchemy
                573-318-8948
                http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                  On a quick look, I see little things like the radiator cap.
                  Should the interior mirror back be painted, not stainless/chrome (I don't remember and I am not home to be able to look anything up.)?
                  The biggest one, to me, is that the fins appear to be silver color, not gold metallic.
                  What bothers me is the location of the Serial Number plate.
                  Where is the Serial Number plate? I didn't see it? Should it be on the left door post?

Comment

Originally posted by GinettaG12P View Post
                    Where is the Serial Number plate? I didn't see it? Should it be on the left door post?
                    It is on the left door post, but high and crooked.
                    Gary L.
                    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by bezhawk View Post
                      My late Packard Hawk had a stainless inside mirror. I never liked the pink dash fiberglass and steering wheel.
                      Every PH I've seen had the interior rearview mirror back painted the tan interior color. That was a bit unique to that high-end model. Actually, I always thought the C/K hardtop 'chromed' interior rearview mirror went the way of the stainless interior windshield and rear window garnish mouldings after the 1956 model year run. (Eliminated)

I believe someone 'improved' your late PH with that chromed interior mirror Brad.

Comment

They might have, I liked it better anyways. There were lots of "personal" touches that were wrong on it, but easily corrected. It even had the Packard comorant crest installed on the nose instead of the "bird"
                        Bez Auto Alchemy
                        573-318-8948
                        http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                        X