1950 Bullet Nose Commander Cleans 1950 Bullet Nose Commander

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1950 Bullet Nose Commander Cleans 1950 Bullet Nose Commander

I thought since I have a 1950 Commander I should have a vacuum cleaner from the same time period to keep it clean. I've been looking for a vacuum cleaner just like what my mom had in the early 50's, when I was a little kid. I found this one on ebay the other day and jumped on the "buy it now" option, as they are very hard to find. This is identical to the one my mom had. Last night I polished the bullet nose so it now shines like chrome. I had completely forgotten that the vacuum cleaner had the COMMANDER name on it, but I guess it was meant to be the vacuum cleaner for my 1950 Commander.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Commander Vacuum1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	139.5 KB
ID:	1747058Click image for larger version

Name:	Commander Vacuum2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	153.2 KB
ID:	1747059

Wish I could find a 1950 Sears catalog to see if it's listed in there, because that would be about the year my mom bought her's.

Cool, I never knew there was a Commander Vacuum
    Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
    1961 Hawk 4-speed
    1967 Avanti
    1961 Lark 2 door
    1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Comment

Or you can vacuum out your Imperial, or both. Cool item.
      Jon Stalnaker
      Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Yeah...how 'bout that...it's cool only if...it sucks!
        John Clary
        Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

We hope the manufacturer's warrantee is still good... if you need brushes or something.

Comment

Looks to me like Slim Pickens ought to be riding that thing out of the bomb bay of a B-52.

Catalogs of that era are fairly common on eBay; it has an entire category for old department-store catalogs. Here's a 1950 search in that category: http://www.ebay.com/sch/Department-S...w=1950&_sop=15

Comment

Working...
            X