exterior paint codes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exterior paint codes

hi dose any one know if there is paint code guide, my64 cruiser was repainted years ago. the repaint was not the original color, all I know it is lagouna blue, I need some touch up paint to cover up chips. thanks in advance

If it not original and you don't know the code for the paint take it to a good auto paint store and get them to scan it. You will get a better match that way. Lamar

Comment

Originally posted by leonard View Post
      hi dose any one know if there is paint code guide, my64 cruiser was repainted years ago. the repaint was not the original color, all I know it is lagouna blue, I need some touch up paint to cover up chips. thanks in advance
      Boy that's a tough one! Here's a short cut to one reference. As you can see, they are all really different. You can try an auto body/paint supply store that may have a "chip book" that you'll be able to match up close by holding the chip up next to your paint. Would not try by using the name of the color, just try to match the hue and metallic as much as you can and live with it. Economy paint shop chains also have their own names for standard colors so the list is endless.
      262 Laguna Blue, F Laguna Blue, 12 Laguna Blue, 54,64 Laguna Blue, 0463,6412 Laguna Blue, 978 Laguna Blue, L50C Laguna Blue, B47,PBN,JB6 Laguna Blue, 6W Laguna Blue, 389 Laguna Blue, BT4 Laguna Blue, B545P-S Laguna Blue, D17 Laguna Blue, PBH,KBH Laguna Blue, PBH Laguna Blue, G7H Laguna Blue, PU5 Laguna Blue

Comment

Pretty simple, don't spend a lot of time pulling your hair out! As Lamar said, take your vehicle to a good auto body supply store that can scan what you have, and computer match it. DONE!
        JS
        I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

Google "Auto Color Library" or "Auto paint Colors". The first one lists Studebaker colors thru 1964.

Comment

Maybe this will help: http://paintref.com/cgi-bin/colorcod...et+Paint+Codes

Laguna blue is listed with 3 or 4 paint manufacture codes: I went ahead and typed in 1964 Studebaker and came up with all the colors including Avanti

If the complete link does not work just type in paintref.com

Bob Miles
            Tucson AZ

Comment

Thank you to one and all,i will do what you said. Leonard

Comment

Working...
              X