Need a template '58 Transtar Deluxe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a template '58 Transtar Deluxe

I need a template for painting the Door "Stainless" for 2 tone.

Explanation: My truck doesn't have the Stainless, but I eventually want to ad it.

For now, I'd like to get it in paint. Is there a template that can be had somewhere?

I looked for a stainless mounting template, but didn't find any.

Your best bet may be getting someone to give you measurements from a known point like the bottom of the Door Window opening from a Deluxe Cab Transtar. It is after all, ALL about the Doors, the rest will follow.

UPDATE 1:28 PDT: My '62 measures 15 3/32" from the inside edge of the window opening to the bottom centerline of the "V" in the two Mouldings.
    As Matt said the Moulding top edge is even with the Body Seam that matches the hood opening or top of the Fender.

I realize that you do need the 2 Mouldings to mark up the Door, because of a varying angle/slope down to the rear of the Long forward Moulding.
    Last edited by StudeRich; 06-10-2015, 12:32 PM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

The front of the trim is in line with the top of the front fender. The back of the trim is in line with the seam in the side of the bed.
      But it's the curve that's the tricky part. You're probably better off finding the trim and making the paint line match that.

Comment

Yes, I've realized all above. I just have to find a truck to make a template from.

Comment

Hey. Anyone have a set to sell. That way you have the patten and the stainless.
          My 1st car. "A TRANSTAR"

Starliner
          sigpic
          Somewhere between Culture and Agriculture
          in the Geographic center of Tennessee

Comment

Working...
          X