Studebaker Part Numbers for Gas Tank and Rear Springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Part Numbers for Gas Tank and Rear Springs

I couldn't find my Studebaker parts book, but looked in my 1952 Motor's Flat Rate and Parts Manual, and they list the rear spings as # 524066 for 1947-1950 Champion, and part number 525610 for 1950-2 gas tank. I assume these would have to be the same part numbers Studebaker would use, right?

Also does anyone know if the same gas tank fits later than the 1952 listed in my 1952 Motors book?

I'd like to find new or excellent rear springs and gas tank for my 1950 Champion. Thanks, Tom
    Last edited by TWChamp; 06-10-2015, 06:22 AM.

I got a gas tank out of a 49 and tried to put it in a 50, turns out while they look very similar, the filler neck is slightly forward in a 49 and the tank would not fit on a 50. I have a gas tank from a 52 on my 50 right now.

Those springs are not easy to find. I found a set several years ago for my 47 after looking for several years. I would think a spring shop would be your best bet for the springs.

You might also check SI for the springs. I found a set for my 50 commander during the Sasco to SI transistion that Sasco did not have on their inventory. I bet they have found others as there were a lot of springs there with no part numbers.
    Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
    1961 Hawk 4-speed
    1967 Avanti
    1961 Lark 2 door
    1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Comment

I bought a better pair of springs from a junk yard, but the tin covers have a couple small rust holes. I'll use them if I can't find a better pair.

The ones on the car now have very rusty leaves and covers.

Comment

Working...
      X