Doing the Studebaker Shuffle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doing the Studebaker Shuffle

My sale of my mother's house in Charlottesville will take place on the 22nd. For the past few years I have been using one bay of her garage to store 3 of my horse drawn Studebakers. Took my buggy that was featured at the Lancaster IM to Newport News to reside for a bit with George Orphanidys. While there I took a quick tour of his collection (which includes 3 of my former Stude trucks and my Dodge plow trucks). Made the 3 hour trip back home and pulled my brother's '47 Willys out of a shed that wi be demolished next weekend. Time has not been kind, both the engine and transmission are locked up.

Grabbed my 1968 Sears 3 speed bike and loaded up my 2 board wagon that was also at Lancaster and hauled that to my property an hour away. A fellow chainsaw collector met me there and helped unload and I knocked $25 off the price of the saws he bought for his help. Went back and loaded my side spring wagon for a return trip tomorrow.

Ended up seeing a bunch of Studebakers while doing the shuffle (including four 4 wheel drives). I realize I have too much stuff, I need to find an auctioneer...
Working...
X