Going to be on Television

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going to be on Television

The series A Crime to Remember on ID Channel (when, I don't know).

Comment

Comment

Comment

hey, that's really cool! keep us posted! junior
          sigpic
          1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Comment

Comment

This will be the bad guy's ride:

Comment

My Golden Hawk is for the good guys.

Intended for a shoot later that day (I had made good my "escape").

Comment

What fun! Did they pay you the standard rate? How did this come about? Did you sign up on some website making your car available for film/TV, or was it just word of mouth?
                    When you find out what date it will be showing be sure to let us know.
                    Ed Sallia
                    Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

That is very unusual because Photographers HATE White Cars, they usually refuse them completely.
                      Most TV Show and Movie Producers will only accept Medium or dark Colors because of the reflection. I see they did a lot to reduce it in these shots.
                      StudeRich
                      Second Generation Stude Driver,
                      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Good to see some quality Indiana Iron on show. Damn straight it should be associated with the good guys!
                        George

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                          That is very unusual because Photographers HATE White Cars, they usually refuse them completely.
                          Most TV Show and Movie Producers will only accept Medium or dark Colors because of the reflection. I see they did a lot to reduce it in these shots.
                          Actually there are two types of reflections. One that reflects light (as noted with white or light color cars) and the other (usually darker cars) that reflect the necessary crew back into the lens. In still photography this is less of a problem because the crew is working from fixed locations. However, in film/video there is often movement, either by the vehicle, or the camera that brings these unwanted reflections at the most inopportune times. In this case the the movement appears to be from the pedestalled mini dolly track. The KinoFlo light and the diffusing silk are primarily to light the subjects in the interior.
                          '64 Lark Type, powered by '85 Corvette L-98 (carburetor), 700R4, - CASO to the Max.

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Eddie View Post
                            What fun! Did they pay you the standard rate? How did this come about? Did you sign up on some website making your car available for film/TV, or was it just word of mouth?
                            When you find out what date it will be showing be sure to let us know.
                            It was a pretty long day, Ed. About two hours were just milling about, plus they fed you all day. Actual shoot time was not that long, maybe an hour & a half to two hours tops. Figure I arrived around 7:30 that morning & was home around 2:30-3. Got $150 cash.

First time experience for me.

My fiancee e-mailed a link looking for 50s & early 60s cars. Sent an e-mail that Saturday & kept checking my inbox. Rained that Monday & Tuesday. That Tuesday night, got a reply with a phone number. Called & the shoot was for the next day.

Comment

Originally posted by wittsend View Post
                              Actually there are two types of reflections. One that reflects light (as noted with white or light color cars) and the other (usually darker cars) that reflect the necessary crew back into the lens. In still photography this is less of a problem because the crew is working from fixed locations. However, in film/video there is often movement, either by the vehicle, or the camera that brings these unwanted reflections at the most inopportune times.
                              I always wondered why the Mayberry patrol cars had a dull finish. 'Reckon this is why.

sigpic
                              Dave Lester

Comment

Working...
                              X