looking for a lark!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for a lark!

I now have a garage and am looking to embark on a new adventure. Oh I still have my Hawk but now I want a Lark. Looking for a 59 or 60 two door, prefer not to be a hard top. Must be an automatic. 6 or 8, can be an ovh 6 from a later year too. I would like to start with something decent. This one is for my wife. If you have a lark two door sitting unloved KNOW it will be going to a Studebaker home and it will not be left out in the rain or let go to rot.
    In the last ten years I have found new homes for two full package hawks that had dubious futures. With the help of this forum WE saved those two. I am hoping carma (get it?) will send me a Lark I can keep. I am in the Schenectady area. But I travel and love a road trip. Rich
    64 GT R1 4sp Hawk
    Mohawk Trails Chapter SDC

On the opposite side of the country, but here it is anyway: (In my area but have never seen it.)

Comment

It's in the may issue of turning wheels for sale. R2 even.

Dean.

Comment

Not exactly what you are looking for but I have a decent 61 Lark Cruiser and I'm not too far away.
        Dan Peterson
        Montpelier, VT
        1960 Lark V-8 Convertible
        1960 Lark V-8 Convertible (parts car)

Comment

Again,not exactly,but a pretty solid 62 4dr,6cyl,auto in Macon Ga. $1000. OBO. Contact David DLR0874@gmail.com
          Neil Thornton

Comment

just what I wanted! Sent a message, Here we go. R
            64 GT R1 4sp Hawk

Comment

Good luck with your search. My great aunt Mabel lived in Schenectady and left her 30,000 mile 60 Lark to my brother. He drove it off a cliff and bent the frame. Karma owes Schenectady another nice Lark.
              Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

I may have a 1962 convertible with V8 & AT soon. It is a nice car. I am also on the hunt for a very nice 1959 hardtop with V8 & AT.
                I am not that far from you. Do you have a maximum price in mind?
                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by BRUCESTUDE View Post
                  On the opposite side of the country, but here it is anyway: (In my area but have never seen it.)
                  http://yakima.craigslist.org/cto/5034792906.html

I like that Original, leather grained All Vinyl Interior in this one, those '60 Regals are just the BEST!
                  I am sure the Oasis Green Paint can be "Fixed".

If I had a Deluxe 2 Door Sedan, I would not be happy until I had the Complete Regal Interior duplicated, to look like a Hardtop or 4 Door.
                  Last edited by StudeRich; 06-04-2015, 12:10 PM.
                  StudeRich
                  Second Generation Stude Driver,
                  Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                  SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Dave, I had a car (64 polara) named Mable....Still have the plate. Thanks for the good wishes.
                    I really want a 2 door but not the hard top or convertible, I like window frames. I have had rag tops, Not really ready for another yet. But thank you for thinking of me. R
                    as for the green,,,,the car in WA. is a four door....nope.
                    64 GT R1 4sp Hawk

Comment

Originally posted by dean pearson View Post
                      It's in the may issue of turning wheels for sale. R2 even.Dean.
                      I don't see any '59 or '60 Larks in TW with an R2 Engine, but if Rich. is looking for a reasonable 2 Door Sedan driver with Automatic for Wife, that would not be it where ever it is.
                      StudeRich
                      Second Generation Stude Driver,
                      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                        I don't see any '59 or '60 Larks in TW with an R2 Engine, but if Rich. is looking for a reasonable 2 Door Sedan driver with Automatic for Wife, that would not be it where ever it is.
                        I see what I think that he is referring to on page 61 (lower left corner), May TW.
                        IMO - it does not fit the bill of what the OP is looking for.
                        Gary L.
                        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

OK, not a '59 or '60, but it is a F-body (ie, 2-door). And with Custom trim. Would make a great Pure Stock car with a R2 installed into it.
                          http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...gas-Craigslist
                          Paul
                          Winston-Salem, NC
                          Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
                          Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

Working...
                          X