Hawaii Studebakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawaii Studebakers

Were there any studes deleivered to hawaii? Anybody know? What were they? They must be a small number!! I was there in 1976 saw a excellant 34 3 window ford like the hotrod kid .(martin sheen)Saw a 27 ford undertarp ,chrome differential ,way cool.Had elvis realized that studebaker was a better auto ,he should have shipped em over for some shots in his movie.....

Interesting question.
    Maybe the Hawaii DMV records might show something...
    Acording to the 2007 SDC roster, there are 12 or 13 SDC members listing Hawaii as their address. Don't know about their Stude's though...
    Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by 14x7

Were there any studes deleivered to hawaii? Anybody know? What were they? They must be a small number!! I was there in 1976 saw a excellant 34 3 window ford like the hotrod kid .
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Interesting question.
      Maybe the Hawaii DMV records might show something...
      Acording to the 2007 SDC roster, there are 12 or 13 SDC members listing Hawaii as their address. Don't know about their Stude's though...
      Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by 14x7

Were there any studes deleivered to hawaii? Anybody know? What were they? They must be a small number!! I was there in 1976 saw a excellant 34 3 window ford like the hotrod kid .
      HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Yes, Studes had a presence in Hawaii - CERTAINLY, even before other automakers ever left a tire mark there! Since Studebaker was THE PREMIER wagon maker in THE WORLD by the 1870s, there HAD TO BE some Studebakers on the islands by that time.
        It wasn't too many years ago that I sold parts to a guy that was restoring a 55 Speedster there. I also know of several Larks that were there and I've seen 40s Studes in pictures and film clips from the time of Pearl Harbor's day of infamy.
        Besides that, a quick perusal of the SDC roster shows about 16 or so members with cars there!

Miscreant adrift in
        the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Yes, Studes had a presence in Hawaii - CERTAINLY, even before other automakers ever left a tire mark there! Since Studebaker was THE PREMIER wagon maker in THE WORLD by the 1870s, there HAD TO BE some Studebakers on the islands by that time.
          It wasn't too many years ago that I sold parts to a guy that was restoring a 55 Speedster there. I also know of several Larks that were there and I've seen 40s Studes in pictures and film clips from the time of Pearl Harbor's day of infamy.
          Besides that, a quick perusal of the SDC roster shows about 16 or so members with cars there!

Miscreant adrift in
          the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
          1960 Larkvertible V8
          1958 Provincial wagon
          1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

A member of our club bought a 50 Land Cruiser in Hawaii a few years ago and had it shipped to Virginia.

It seems to me that there is a picture of an Hawaiian dealership in the "100 Years On The Road" book, but I can't find mine right now.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

A member of our club bought a 50 Land Cruiser in Hawaii a few years ago and had it shipped to Virginia.

It seems to me that there is a picture of an Hawaiian dealership in the "100 Years On The Road" book, but I can't find mine right now.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

Always interesting....

Comment

Always interesting....

Comment

There was an ad listed in one of the online publications for a '58 Transtar pick-up on the Big Island in March of this year, so there's at least 1 Stude Truck on the Islands.[]

<h5>Mark
                    '57 Transtar
                    3E-6/7-122
                    </h5>

Mark Hayden
                    '66 Commander

Comment

There was an ad listed in one of the online publications for a '58 Transtar pick-up on the Big Island in March of this year, so there's at least 1 Stude Truck on the Islands.[]

<h5>Mark
                      '57 Transtar
                      3E-6/7-122
                      </h5>

Mark Hayden
                      '66 Commander

Comment

Greetings, All,

I go to HI twice a year and have stopped by a home on a major residential street in Honolulu to look at an older restoration lemon/lime Speedster sitting under a carport. No one was home, so didn't talk to the owner. HI is so wet and salty, cars deteriorate just sitting there.

thnx, jv.

PackardV8
                        PackardV8

Comment

Greetings, All,

I go to HI twice a year and have stopped by a home on a major residential street in Honolulu to look at an older restoration lemon/lime Speedster sitting under a carport. No one was home, so didn't talk to the owner. HI is so wet and salty, cars deteriorate just sitting there.

thnx, jv.

PackardV8
                          PackardV8

Comment

yeah that 27 T ford was showing signs from the elements....

Comment

yeah that 27 T ford was showing signs from the elements....

Comment

Working...
                              X