Car Spotting: 1962 GT Hawk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Spotting: 1962 GT Hawk?

OK, fellow eagle-eyes: This photograph is on today's Hemmings Daily Blog for discussion. Nobody can seem to determine the identity of the black car visible to the right of center, obscured by the blue and white Oldsmobile and pinkish Dodge. Might it be a 1962 Gran Turismo Hawk? If so, it would be an early one, and black was popular among the early '62s since it was the brochure and promotional color.

But I'm not so sure that's what it is, so I'm not about to post an answer on the Hemmings blog if everyone here doesn't concur.

If it isn't a 1962 Gran Turismo Hawk in black, what the heck is it? BP

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Bob,
    That B pillar has the wrong angles for a GT Hawk.

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
    MELBOURNE.

Comment

Not a 62 Hawk. The C pillar is too narrow. IMHO.
      I'd rather be driving my Studebaker!

sigpic

Comment

I don't think it's a GT Hawk either. But I can't tell what it is.

Comment

I've enlarged the picture, and looked at it every way I could think of, and I don't think it is a GT Hawk either.
          "In the heart of Arkansas."
          Searcy, Arkansas
          1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
          1952 2R pickup

Comment

Definitely not a GT Hawk. Maybe an early Chevy II?

Comment

Is it a two door or four door?
              I'd rather be driving my Studebaker!

sigpic

Comment

As I said, I wasn't all that convinced it was a GT Hawk or I would have posted that to the blog.

But the question remains, then; what the heck is it? I honestly don't know. There have been some stabs taken, but nothing definitive.

Curious, indeed. BP
                We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Here's a wild guess. '62 Galaxie?

Mike Lynch
                  Sunnyslope, AZ

"Be kind and civil. Allow that you may be mistaken; allow that others will make mistakes, be gracious. If you're going to contribute, try to make it worthwhile."
                  Alan Taylor

Comment

Originally posted by asesolen View Post
                    Here's a wild guess. '62 Galaxie?

I suppose anything is possible at this juncture, Mike. I honestly don't know what it is, so am not in a position to announce a "winner!" BP

Comment

I concur it is not a Hawk. I do find it interesting there are 2 Volkswagens in the picture, however.

Comment

1956-7 Lincoln Continental Mark II ? Newest car in the picture is a 61 impala 4
                        door.
                        Bob Miles
                        Tucson AZ
                        Last edited by 6hk71400; 06-02-2015, 09:38 AM. Reason: additional information

Comment

#9 sure looks possible to me.

Comment

It's not a GT Hawk and I don't think it looks like a 56 or 57 Continental, how about a Mercedes. Bud

Comment

I immediately thought continental too.
                              Evan Davis
                              Prince Albert, Sk

Comment

Working...
                              X