62 Champ short bed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 62 Champ short bed

I have been looking at a 62 champ with a 6' Dodge flair side bed. I can't remember
    ever seeing one before. Are they rare? This truck is an 259/289 (haven't checked engine #)
    4bbl, dual exhaust, 3 sp. W/OD. The truck is in very good condition. Thanks for any info.

That is a very desirable truck with the short wide bed. Plus the v8. With the duals most likely a 289. Most Champs had the Dodge style longbed.

My question would be Has the engine and trans been swaped from a car. Don't think the champ was offered with a 289 twin exhaust?

Comment

I've got one. mine came with
      A/C and automatic

- - - Updated - - -

I've got one. mine came with
      A/C and automatic
      Attached Files
      Neil Thornton

Comment

Darn it I want to see a picture of it,.,...

Dean.

Comment

Studebaker made over 1700 domestic E7s for 1962 - doesn't sound like much, but it was the second highest number year production for the 1/2 ton V8s.

When it is in your driveway, don't forget about the online registry:

Last edited by 62champ; 05-28-2015, 07:13 PM.

Comment

The wide ex-Dodge box was optional in 1961, and became standard equipment in 1962 -- so the wide box was not particularly rare. More info in chapters 15 and 16 here:
            Skip Lackie

Comment

Originally posted by 70Avanti2 View Post
              That is a very desirable truck with the short wide bed. Plus the v8. With the duals most likely a 289. Most Champs had the Dodge style longbed.

My question would be Has the engine and trans been swaped from a car. Don't think the champ was offered with a 289 twin exhaust?
              The 289 Engine AND the H.D. 289 WERE both available in any V8 Model Champ.
              Dual Exhausts are not an issue after 53 years, since the exhaust system would usually need replacement long ago and of course Muffler Shops do whatever you want. So factory availability means little, but no it was not available.

A fairly good number of 112 Inch Wheelbase Wide Box Champs were built, several Fleets like Los Angeles Water and Power and Cal Trans. (the Calif. State Highway Dept.) bought them, always Standard Cabs of course.
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
              X