Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Syracuse Hawk that could be worth the $500 in parts alone

[IMG]http://thumbnails108.********.com/41154/167962411537619.jpg[/IMG]

IS the 64 hood the same as the 62? I could use the hood and some of the other parts...
    64 GT R1 4sp Hawk
    Mohawk Trails Chapter SDC

Comment

No, the hood is not the same as '63 and '64.
      Last edited by dansct444; 05-27-2015, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Too bad that the car is on the other side of the country, or I would give it serious thought. 500 bucks is a good price. From the looks of the license plate, the car hasn't been registered since the 60's. Bud

Comment

Originally posted by dansct444 View Post
          Yes, the hood is the same as '63 and '64.
          That is not correct. The imitation side grilles on '63 & '64 Hawks are more squared toward the center; therefore the hoods are not interchangeable with 1962 & earlier.

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by dansct444 View Post
            Yes, the hood is the same as '63 and '64.
            Actually, I believe they are different. The '63 and '64 hoods have a different contour around the side grilles IIRC.
            Paul
            Winston-Salem, NC
            Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

63 and 64 are the same and 57- 62 are the same. So no the 62 hood will not fit a 63 or 64 without changing out the side grilles with it.

Comment

Easily worth the money as a parts car! Can't tell for sure but it looks like there are two belts in that engine picture meaning the car may have power steering. I would be interested in those parts if someone buys it to part out.
                Jim
                I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

Since it is only 15 minutes from me, I messaged the sellers last week. Didn't hear a word till about an hour ago. Just got done looking at it. Pictures tell the story pretty accurately. Been off the road since 1971, in a barn until three years ago. 289 automatic, TT rear, full dash with tach. Floors are rusted but the frame may not be bad. The mosquitoes were unbelievable so I didn't even notice if it has power steering or not.

Owned by a father and son team who have no idea what they're doing. They say the starter wasn't engaging right so they thought the flywheel was bad, and pulled the heads and oil pan. All glass is good, all body panels look pretty solid. All the trim looks pretty good. The buckets and console need restoring, but are in sound condition. Could be restored by the right motivated person, but I am not that person. Still, decent parts car for the price.

I do not want to buy it. I got out of the junkyard business and sold that property. The new place is nicer but I am limited on how many crappy cars I can stash. But I probably will because while looking at the car, in the back was an open front building with a vehicle on plywood, then blocks, covered with heavy canvas tarps. All I could see was that it had a round headlight. Turned out to be a 1929 Essex. I told him I would be interested in buying it. He says it's in really good shape, but it hasn't been running in 10 years since he inherited it. He says he's not sure if he wants to sell but he might want me to pick it up and get it running for him. So that prospect alone means I'll probably buy the GT just for the purposes of Goodwill :-)
                  Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                  Romans 15:13
                  Deuteronomy 31:6
                  Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

If you could sit on the Hawk until Reedsville (October this year), you know you should be able to sell quite a bit of it there Bob. Let me know if it has P/S and if it is for sale.
                    Jim

Comment

You're probably right, Jim. But being back at the USPS six days a week and trying to hire a new manager for my business plus finishing up the sale of my other house plus working on the plans for my new office and my new shop addition equals less than zero time to spend taking anything apart, probably until at least a year from now. The engine I got from you is still hanging on the engine stand in front of the Daytona, where I stopped on it last November. Still, if it has power steering, I'll let you know and we'll figure something out :-)
                      Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Just to add, The seller told me that this has the 283 thunderbolt, the fastest engine they offered that year!
                        Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Thanks Bob, now go take a nap!
                          Jim

Comment

For the record, I did buy the car. Thanks to Dr. preposterous for the post. Anytime you see a Studebaker for sale in the central New York area, don't be afraid to post it :-)
                            Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Always glad to see old iron go to those who will make good use of it!

Comment

Working...
                              X