Avanti Magazine Issue 170 Spring/Summer 2015 question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avanti Magazine Issue 170 Spring/Summer 2015 question

Question, On pages 40 and 41 which seem to be duplications, are these ads from Studebaker International or someone else? I don't have past issues in front of me to compare.
    Tom
    sigpic

It's in Studebaker International format, so I suspect it's their ad. Maybe they wanted to see if any body noticed that they bought two pages that said the same thing.

Comment

Cant be the best bang for the buck without contact information. I guess errors can happen.
      sigpic

Comment

They are the same ad from Studebaker International. Their graphics person sent two separate files for page 1 of their ad and page 2 of their ad. But they made the mistake and sent a second "page 1" that was labeled as "Page 2" and that is how two SI Page 1's got in the magazine.
        Lew Schucart
        Editor, Avanti Magazine

Comment

Originally posted by lschuc View Post
          They are the same ad from Studebaker International. Their graphics person sent two separate files for page 1 of their ad and page 2 of their ad. But they made the mistake and sent a second "page 1" that was labeled as "Page 2" and that is how two SI Page 1's got in the magazine.
          Thanks for the explanation. Don't you get a "blue line" or draft copy before the magazine goes to print?
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

You would think there would be someone who proofreads this stuff before going to print.
            sigpic

Comment

Well, my curiosity has just gotten the best of me. What is this "Avanti Magazine Issue 170 Spring/Summer 2015" that is referenced in this thread??
              Paul
              Winston-Salem, NC
              Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

Originally posted by r1lark View Post
                Well, my curiosity has just gotten the best of me. What is this "Avanti Magazine Issue 170 Spring/Summer 2015" that is referenced in this thread??
                It is the official publication of AOAI, the Avanti Owners Association International. Membership in the organization brings you the publication. Lew Schucart in post #4 is the Editor. Contact him for details.

Stu Chapman

Comment

I'm glad that someone was able to answer the question. I guess AOAI doesn't support a website like SDC does? We are lucky to have a website like this one.
                  Last edited by r1lark; 05-24-2015, 09:20 AM.
                  Paul
                  Winston-Salem, NC
                  Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

AOAI.org
                    Yes it does.....in fact there are numerous links from this forums home page. You should try looking at them sometime.
                    Bez Auto Alchemy
                    573-318-8948
                    http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by r1lark View Post
                      I'm glad that someone was able to answer the question. I guess AOAI doesn't support a website like SDC does? We are lucky to have a website like this one.
                      There are links to the http://AOAI.ORG website from the SDC website. The AOAI has had a web presence since 2000 and also has a fairly active forum.
                      You can join the AOAI at http://aoai.org/shop First year membership is $25.95. Membership gets you our quarterly full color magazine, normally 84 pages, sometimes larger, a bi-yearly roster that includes a technical article index and a numerical VIN number listing of member Avantis (1963 through 2007). We also publish a yearly full color wall calendar.
                      Lew Schucart
                      Editor, Avanti Magazine

Comment

Originally posted by COMMANDERPINK1 View Post
                        You would think there would be someone who proofreads this stuff before going to print.
                        Yes, we proof read by three people, but mistakes can still happen. Do you want to volunteer many hours every two months to help??
                        Lew Schucart
                        Editor, Avanti Magazine

Comment

It is a fine magazine and I enjoy every issue.
                          "Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional." author unknown

Comment

Originally posted by lschuc View Post
                            Yes, we proof read by three people, but mistakes can still happen. Do you want to volunteer many hours every two months to help??
                            No Lew you and your crew do an excellent job, besides my High School English teacher would spin in her grave if she knew I was involved in something like that!
                            Tom
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X