'55 Commander Project in San Jose, CA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '55 Commander Project in San Jose, CA

I was contacted through our chapter web page about this car for sale in San Jose, CA. I have no more info on the car than you see here. His price seems reasonable for a solid car. Here is the message.

"Hey there its Ricardo from San Jose, I talked to you earlier today about my 55 Studebaker commander 2 door coupe. I'm selling for $1500 it's all original with every piece and trim still there the only thing missing is the dash it has original drive train with v8 clean solid body I added a pic of the inside I know it's not the best pic but it's to show all the extra pieces for the car that are in there just in case your wondering where the front bezels and bumper for the car are. I really appreciate the help with getting me the info on everything thank you."

You can email him at sevnd2cutty at gmail.com by replacing "at" with @ or PM me for his phone number.
    Attached Files
    Pat Dilling
    Olivehurst, CA
    Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Definitely a "project" car but it appears solid enough to make the effort. Unfortunately I have my hands full. Good luck to whomever gets it.
    Bill

Comment

Better car than I started with. Good price and it's a hardtop. Later engine than a 55?
      Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

$1500. If it were in Georgia, it would already be in my possession.
        Late model engine? May just be late model valve covers.
        Jerry Forrester
        Forrester's Chrome
        Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

Hardtop with overdrive? well worth it...
          64 GT Hawk (K7)
          1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

If a guy had a Speedster that was all rusted out and beyond restoring this would be a great donor car. This way maybe you could end up with a car worth what you have in it.

Comment

I looked at the car today and here is my findings.
              engine is 55 259 with wrong valve covers
              engine is stuck
              every thing on the inside is a part and all over the place so hard to see how good or bad the floors are but what I can see looks ok.
              chrome is there but pitted
              the main rust I could see is in the trunk weather strip channel the lower section is real bad for about 15" and some up the side rail on pass side.
              the hood has bent corners and missing springs.
              the trunk lid is very stiff and one needs to be very careful on where and how he closes it , it can bend at the hinges with out much trouble.
              all 4 tires are flat and junk, I don't think they would hold air at all.
              there is no title for the car.
              like the pictures show body is not bad.
              I told him I would talk to him after this week end since Iam going away until Tue.
              project? very much so.
              part out? lots of work if you want to end up with a garage full of parts, some might sell and some might end up in scrap, but some one really wanting do do a 55 it could be a good project.
              Candbstudebakers
              Castro Valley,
              California

Comment

Picking the car up today. the kid needs it gone this week all his dreams down the drain, it was the first Studebaker he had ever seen and wanted to know who built Studebaker. nice kid glad to help him out, but that is what Studebaker people do right?
                Candbstudebakers
                Castro Valley,
                California

Comment

Good on ya, Bob. Offer him an unpaid internship. He might turn out to be a solid Studebaker guy like you.
                  Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Good for you Bob. I just had an email from him thanking me for putting you two in touch. He is more of a muscle car guy. He is looking for some parts for my other car for me. One hand washes the other.
                    Pat Dilling
                    Olivehurst, CA
                    Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Car is now at my shop, still up in the air what to do with it.
                      Candbstudebakers
                      Castro Valley,
                      California

Comment

Working...
                      X