Studebaker Junkyard near Norfolk, Va

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Junkyard near Norfolk, Va

I got this note via email from a member of our chapter who works up in the southeastern Virginia area sometimes. Thought some of you guys up that way might want to check it out if you have not already done so. Sounded to me like some of his old stuff might not be around for long. This is all I know:

"Enclosed is the phone number of the junk yard I think is in Norfolk. The owner Bill Ainsley, [757]855.9085 stopped me and asked if I knew people that would be interested in old cars,including Studebakers. He said he does not like to crush them if only he can find a taker."

Joe Roberts
    '61 R1 Champ
    '65 Cruiser
    Editor of "The Down Easterner"
    Eastern North Carolina Chapter
    Joe Roberts
    '61 R1 Champ
    '65 Cruiser

My wife needs to go to her grandmother's funeral in Portsmouth on Friday. Wonder if I can get her to stop by? [B)]

Comment

My wife needs to go to her grandmother's funeral in Portsmouth on Friday. Wonder if I can get her to stop by? [B)]

Comment

Mine would...then come home and tell me about every Rambler in the place;(
        Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

Mine would...then come home and tell me about every Rambler in the place;(
          Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

Gee Guido, I thought for sure you'd be one of the folks that already knew about this place!

Joe Roberts
            '61 R1 Champ
            '65 Cruiser
            Joe Roberts
            '61 R1 Champ
            '65 Cruiser

Comment

Gee Guido, I thought for sure you'd be one of the folks that already knew about this place!

Joe Roberts
              '61 R1 Champ
              '65 Cruiser
              Joe Roberts
              '61 R1 Champ
              '65 Cruiser

Comment

I may be familiar with it by name, but my junk yard experience in the eastern part of the state ends in Newport News. I tried to call the number tonight, but got a woman's voice on an answering machine.

Comment

I may be familiar with it by name, but my junk yard experience in the eastern part of the state ends in Newport News. I tried to call the number tonight, but got a woman's voice on an answering machine.

Comment

Someone should take pictues if it exists .There be alot to talk about. And a story for TW. That would be living the dream....

Comment

Someone should take pictues if it exists .There be alot to talk about. And a story for TW. That would be living the dream....

Comment

I'll try and run up there and take some pic's...
                        Jeff[8D]

LAWRENCE AINSLEY
                        3423 JOHNS ST
                        NORFOLK, VA 23513
                        (757) 855-9085

quote:Originally posted by JRoberts

I got this note via email from a member of our chapter who works up in the southeastern Virginia area sometimes. Thought some of you guys up that way might want to check it out if you have not already done so. Sounded to me like some of his old stuff might not be around for long. This is all I know:

"Enclosed is the phone number of the junk yard I think is in Norfolk. The owner Bill Ainsley, [757]855.9085 stopped me and asked if I knew people that would be interested in old cars,including Studebakers. He said he does not like to crush them if only he can find a taker."

Joe Roberts
                        '61 R1 Champ
                        '65 Cruiser
                        HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

I'll try and run up there and take some pic's...
                          Jeff[8D]

LAWRENCE AINSLEY
                          3423 JOHNS ST
                          NORFOLK, VA 23513
                          (757) 855-9085

quote:Originally posted by JRoberts

Joe Roberts
                          '61 R1 Champ
                          '65 Cruiser
                          HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Working...
                          X