Radio for 53 c cab truck needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radio for 53 c cab truck needed

I'm need a restorable radio for a 53 c cab truck .

Finding the radio is the EASY part as it was common with the '47 to '49 cars from those years. The HARD part will be the truck-specific speaker grille and mounting brackets.

Craig
    Last edited by 8E45E; 05-11-2015, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Gary, check Your pm box (upper right corner in blue)
      Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

During that period, the trucks used the same radio as that (or the previous) year's cars. The adapter plate is radio-specific, so if you put a 49 radio in a 53 truck, you'll need the 49 installation kit. The "correct" radios for a 53 truck are AC-2300 and 2301, and the associated adapter kit is AC-2437.
        Skip Lackie

Comment

Thanks for all the info. I have the grille cover and back plate .
          Im needing radio and any other brackets that I might need .

Comment

If you show a picture of the grille cover, we can tell you what year radio to buy. There are THREE different radio adapters for these trucks.
            -for a 47-49 radio
            -for a 50-52 radio
            -for a 53-55 radio

They all fit the same truck, but are designed for different radios. Since the rare part is the adapter, which you say you have, we need to see what adapter you have to steer you to the correct radio.

Do not assume that, since your truck is a 53, the adapter you have is for a 53 radio. The dealers put these radios in and sold the adapters and the radios. If they had an older radio in stock, they would likely have used the adapter for that radio and put it into the truck, regardless of the "correct" year.
            RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
            4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
            5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Working...
            X