PDA

View Full Version : Is this a "package" car?

brngarage
05-11-2015, 11:20 AM
I just found a '63 GT Hawk. It has "Avanti Powered" badges on the front fenders and is equipped with a 4 speed and disc brakes. The hood has been changed, so there is no badge on the grille. The serial number is 63V 18513. I should be able to get the engine number later this week.
Can someone tell me if it is a "package" car? Thanks in advance.

BobPalma
05-11-2015, 11:32 AM
:) and :(, Howard: It is an R-engine car but not a full-package Super Hawk.

It was built too early to be a full-package Super Hawk. The first Super Hawk was Serial Number 63V23914.

However, your subject car was built as an R1 / 4-speed with disc brakes and Twin Traction.

Blue Mist. The original engine was #JT1572. :!: BP

StudeRich
05-11-2015, 11:38 AM
There are several "Clues" Howard that may not definitely PROVE it IS, but are a quick easy way to rule it out as a "Super Hawk", which if that Serial number turns out to be an honest Factory equipped Jet Thrust Engine Car, will make it an "Avanti Powered Hawk".

That Serial Number looks way too early to me to be one but;

Does it have the Fax Walnut Dash Trim on the Center and Glove box?

Recessed Type Parking Lights, with matching serrated Chrome Rings like the headlights?

Traction Bars?

Rear Stabilizer Bars?

brngarage
05-11-2015, 02:37 PM
Thanks Bob and Rich. Bob, it does have disc brakes and the engine number matches what you said. The "red, white and blue" emblems on the doors are missing and I didn't see a TT emblem, but it sure sounds correct (it is also light blue).

THANKS AGAIN Bob and Rich for the quick responses.

BobPalma
05-11-2015, 02:39 PM
Thanks Bob and Rich. Bob, it does have disc brakes and the engine number matches what you said. The "red, white and blue" emblems on the doors are missing and I didn't see a TT emblem, but it sure sounds correct (it is also light blue). THANKS AGAIN Bob and Rich for the quick responses.

:) Generally speaking, 1963 Hawks did not have Twin Traction emblems when the car was so equipped, so I'd say your subject car isn't missing anything. :)BP

brngarage
05-11-2015, 03:09 PM
Thanks again Bob. See you in St. Louis?

BobPalma
05-11-2015, 04:35 PM
Thanks again Bob. See you in St. Louis?

:) Yep. Arriving mid-day Monday, staying at Meet HQ Hotel (Chalet).

Leaving Thursday after concours to be home late Thursday evening.

The one place to always find me (if not sooner) is The Co-Operator Tech Session. :cool: BP