PDA

View Full Version : Interior: Front seat swap in a '60 Lark?

oregonroses
05-07-2015, 01:38 PM
Hello -

I have a '60 Lark VIII sedan that needs a seat replacement. It is the bench type but I came across some split-recline ones on craigslist. The catch is they are out of a '63 Lark. Does anyone know if a) these would fit in my '60 and b) if I need additional hardware (like floor tracks) to mount them?

Thanks!

Robert

6hk71400
05-07-2015, 02:02 PM
I may be wrong, but I do believe the 63 seat is a little lower. I had a 59 lark wagon with 63 seats installed and it seemed to me that I sat lower in the wagon. Again, this was over 23 years ago.

Bob Miles
Tucson AZ

StudeRich
05-07-2015, 03:40 PM
They will work just fine, any height difference is in the Mounting Brackets. the only catch is you will need the Center Console/Inner Leg of the seat saddle mount, that goes over the tunnel unless there is one already in your Car.

This is a universal Mount used for both Individual Bench Seats and Bucket Seats with a Console on '62-'66 Models, and the '60-'61 Saddle is used just for Split Bench Seats.

Check for that and try to get the correct one with the Seat if needed.

oregonroses
05-07-2015, 04:31 PM
They will work just fine, any height difference is in the Mounting Brackets. the only catch is you will need the Center Console/Inner Leg of the seat saddle mount, that goes over the tunnel unless there is one already in your Car.

This is a universal Mount used for both Individual Bench Seats and Bucket Seats with a Console on '62-'66 Models, and the '60-'61 Saddle is used just for Split Bench Seats.

Check for that and try to get the correct one with the Seat if needed.

StudeRich - This is individual Bench seats out of the '63. Just want to make sure I'm following you: I need to find the correct universal mount used for Split Bench Seats for the '60-'61 versions when asking people out on the forum/swap page/etc?

StudeRich
05-07-2015, 05:01 PM
StudeRich - This is individual Bench seats out of the '63. Just want to make sure I'm following you: I need to find the correct universal mount used for Split Bench Seats for the '60-'61 versions when asking people out on the forum/swap page/etc?

Now you made me look!
YES! The 1334034P Inner, Seat Mounting PLATE fits Seat Type D & E (Split Bench, both Reclining & Non-reclining) 1960 & 1961 Larks all Models; S & V.

I can't imagine how it could be any worse than drilling extra holes in the Bracket to make '63 Seats fit a '60-'61 Mounting Plate, if that.

You COULD take it a step further, by looking up all of the Seat Tracks for the various seat configurations and Years to check similarity between the two, but many times a Part Number roll does not mean you can't make it work.

It is quite likely that the Console holes were added to make the '62-'66 Plate different.