Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you've been following the Police Car thread....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you've been following the Police Car thread....

...be sure to check new Posts #55 through #65 for important updates. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Bob,
    I can't get over the discovery of that '63 Lark Police Car right under your nose. I know that it'll get the care it deserves. Looking at the photos tells me that it's in remardable shape. I'd love to see it when it's back on the road.
    Nice work.
    Rog
    '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
    Smithtown,NY
    Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Originally posted by raprice View Post
      Bob,
      I can't get over the discovery of that '63 Lark Police Car right under your nose. I know that it'll get the care it deserves. Looking at the photos tells me that it's in remarkable shape. I'd love to see it when it's back on the road.
      Nice work. Rog
      Well, Rog; if it gets back on the road, it won't be my doing. I hope to be able to save it before it gets junked, but I will be passing it along if I do.

Ironic, your observing that it was "under my nose," because it kinda was. To wit: Back in the 80s and 90s when I was fronting low-price cars at a buy-here, pay-here used car lot on Indianapolis' near east side, I passed within one block of the garage where this police car is located...hundreds of times. Seriously.

"Thanks for your support." BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

In the early '60s I dated a young lady whose father had a black '57 Studebaker that was an ex California cop car. I think he just painted the doors black and filled some of the holes where cop stuff was attached. Had heavy brown thick naugahyde seats and the suspension was comfortably "snug". Car was pretty fast, handled nicely and was surprisingly rattle free but I really didn't know much about Studebakers back then, I was driving F*rds. I could have bought that car even though the girlfriend thing didn't last, there's a whole 'nother story there.......

Comment

Bob,
          I have a particular fondness for Indianapolis because I worked for an Indy company for 31 years, Eli Lilly. I was in sales here on Long Island and always looked forward to visiting the company for sales training every few years. Lilly was a great company to work for and I had a great career.
          I'll bet you thought I would say I visited the Indy 500. No such luck. I did see the timed trials though.
          Rog
          '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
          Smithtown,NY
          Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Working...
          X