Gt hawk seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gt hawk seats

Just got a call tonight that my GT's seats are done and he needs them picked up this week as he needs the room. Will post pictures when I get them. All of his work that I've seem is very nice and the two of my customers that I sent to him both came back and told me what a nice job he had done and they both where about as picky as anyone can be.

Were they done from scratch or pre-assembled seat cover set?
    sigpic
    '89 Ford Festiva
    '90 Ford F250 4x4
    '18 Kia Soul
    '64 Studebaker Gran Turismo Hawk
    '66 International Harvester pickup

Comment

David They where done from scratch all but the back panel of the front seats. Also had him do the center console. The vinyl he got in red matches the red on the factory seat almost perfect. We didn't redo the map pockets because they where still in perfect shape. Can't wait to see them. I'am doing a repaint on his 280 Z in trade.

Comment

Picked the seats up today. Look good I think. Only thing is his guy didn't get the backrest on the buckets put back together but I can do that. A few small puckers in a few spots but after they have been in the sun all summer they will be gone. If we get a few hot days before I get them back in the car I will set them in the sun and mist them with water and it will pull them right out. As you can see by the back side of the bucket the color match is great as those are still the factory backs with the map pouches. And I had him redo the center console.
        Attached Files

Comment

The workmanship looks very good.
          Are these going in a '62 that has a
          Red Interior or a '63-'64 that was Maroon?

With so much Sun on them it is hard to tell which they are. It does look like Maroon though, not Red.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

They are going in a 64 gt and is the stock color.

Comment

Rich, I've noticed on almost every post regarding the color of something, you see it as "not correct". Maybe your computer settings are a little off?

The seats look great!

Comment

I'm getting anxious to see them back in the car!
                sigpic
                In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
                  Rich, I've noticed on almost every post regarding the color of something, you see it as "not correct". Maybe your computer settings are a little off?
                  The seats look great!
                  Actually they are not, there is too much glare to be sure, but are you trying to say they look Bright Fire Engine Red to you?
                  Because I said they do appear a bit more Maroon (especially on the back seat Pic 3 that is in the shade and the ONLY Pic that shows the true Color) but it is impossible to tell, your Computer is set so good, what does it look like to you? '62 Bright Red or '63-'64 Maroon?

People's eyes are what vary, I have a very good eye for Color, and it is clear that a very many people could not tell a Green Car from a Blue one if their life depended on it. Maybe it's a good thing we don't have Blue traffic signals!
                  StudeRich
                  Second Generation Stude Driver,
                  Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                  SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I'm not getting into a debate on colors. I was diagnosed with Color Vision Deficiency at a pretty young age. I'm one of those that couldn't tell a green car from a blue one.

Certainly don't have any ill intentions, Rich. Just making a comment on something I noticed!

Comment

Working...
                    X