More South Bend Pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More South Bend Pictures

People close are lucky to be able to go to the swap meets in the east but a little long way to travel from the west coast, looks like the weather was nice, I have made the trip a couple of times but now with my wife in a wheel chair it sure cuts into my getting away for these kind of events. We have not planned on going to Saint Louis because of the date conflict with my daughter being a teacher and already back working in school and her and my son in law are a big help for me on a trip like this. Just yesterday a good friend from New Zealand came in and we started going through parts that will be going down under along with my custom blue 53 coupe, I figured he would be taking a lot of sheet metal but now maybe not since they really don't have the rot problem over there and cars coming in with the rust out problems are not easy to get in so only some big items will be going. I will know more after the week ends and he head out then I need to really figure out where the other items are going to end up. If I can find a way of getting away for Saint Louis and make one last trip to sell items before they go to china I will but unless I sell the items for enough to cover the trip and a week stay there what is the use? time will tell.
    Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

Comment

I would love to attend at least one of these before I die. We may try to make it after I finally retire. We could take the camping trailer and just make a leisurely trip of it. About 5 or 6 years away???
      Ed Sallia
      Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

My first miss in 5 years and the weather turned nice! Usually I'm shivering and trying to warm up. Missed you all, and I understand Bob Peterson not making that long haul. Thanks for the pics.
        Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

I took a few pictures. My favorites were the reactions of several Studebaker luminaries reactions upon hearing that our own Jim McCuan had chosen to skip the event:

So shocked and appalled were these normally calm individuals that I can't even print what they blurted out when told that Jim had better things to do.

Comment

The last Guy looks like the Geek "Kid" on NCIS Los Angeles! Shock 'n Awe!
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Carl - did you give Tholen some crap?
              The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Jim Pepper... a GEEK????

Comment

Working...
                X